Agnostic.com

11 2

What was the worst date you have ever gone on?

Discribe what happened and how you dealt with it.

paul1967 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a date turn terrifying when a 6' 2" ex-marine, a nephew of church friend wih whom I'm previously had one casual date, took me to the movies.

I made the mistake of driving to his house and going with him in his car to the movie, and when we returned, he said he couldn't let me go. I though he was trying to pay me a romantic compliment, until he locked the doors and starting pushing me backward.

I know karate and self defense, but had no desire to tangle with a lean, fit ex-marine of that size in close quarter, with nobody around to help me.

I remembered that men have one-track minds and liked to impress women, so I suddenly said, "Hey! I see ice on my windshield..could you help me clear my windows?"

He obediently dropped me and started scraping my windshield, while I quickly jumped into my pickup and locked the doors.

Afterward, he tried to get into the truck with me, but I just drove off.

The next day I got an angry card from him saying he thought we had a connection, so what was wrong with me?!
I replied that he had tried to force me but that I'd escaped, and if he contacted me again, I'd call the police and tell his aunt as well.

Brains over brawn. Nice

I don't go on dates

I have had more than my share but the ones that stand out more than the others would be the one I met by the lake. He seemed decent, quiet but dignified. We chatted & found out he was a stock broker so money was not an issue, wanted to take me in his private plane which I do not fly. Then started talking about how he loved long darkreddish hair and wanted to run his fingers through it. Thought nothing of it. It was during the day, people where walking their pets, jogging down the nature path close by. So he stood behind me and started running his fingers through my hair. I stood there, not sure wtf was going back there, he then started to make erotic noises, and then said.... my fingers are like 10 little penises on your head. I thought I was goen loose it but held it togther and said.. ok well I hope that was good for you but I need to get going now and you can take your plane to wherever without me. I am sure he had a cigarette after that. I on the other hand was nausiated all the way home. So that is just one of the many delightful episodes I encountered through the years.

Well, to be honest I have probably been the date from heck a time or two. lol not that good at small talk, but I do have opinions and thoughts on life. just can't seem to keep a converasation going, unless we are talking racing or golf, or hmmm maybe thats the problem. hahahaha

One of my girlfriends crossed the line and cused me lower than a dog. She never knew that would cause me to drop her. She cried and begged but I didn't do anything to deserve that.

Dreadful date with a Trump Supporter

I got dressed up for THIS?

My date was awful. I spent two hours arguing with an ignorant, opinionated man who insisted that being "politically correct" is unfair to white men. "Blacks call each other 'nigger,'" he said. He says white men are being discriminated against.

What's more, he hates and resents the government. Says our government should not pay for birth control.

He hates the legal system. Blames the legal system because his daughters will not talk to him since his divorce five years ago.

I explained protected groups under the Civil Right Act of 1964, and why they are protected. He claims America is more polluted than ever, that black crime is terrible. Muslims celebrated 911. Sounds like he's been listening to Trump.

After an hour of this, I felt nauseated.

How the heck did you end up on a date with this guy?!

carlyhorton, When we talked on the phone beforehand, he seemed fine.

"If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW," I wrote on my profile. He ignored that because he was physically attracted to me. The feeling was not mutual.

The last time I used a dating agency the person they paired me with a person dissed everything about me, my car, my clothes, my choice of music to the point that I felt I should have just left her and never returned when I went to the bathroom. I actually did do that one time to a person who was just clueless when it came to good manners.

SamL Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

One with a pretty Irish (republican) lass dring the hight of the troubles. Not far into the date, politics raised its ugly head. I supported the rights of British citizens to remain British in their own land, and she didn't. Not even a kiss goodnight!

She had dark hair.

A few months ago I met a guy from a dating site that I have since cancelled. We agreed to meet at the 99 a decent restaurant chain where I felt comfortable. When I get to the restaurant I get a panicky call from him. He forgot his reading glasses and what was he going to do? There was a Barnes & Noble next door so I suggested we check there. He never heard of the bookstore and couldn't imagine finding them there. We trudged through the snow and low and behold found a spinner rack with a large selection. We get to the restaurant and the date got worse. I complemented him on his shirt and he mumbled he didn't know what to wear. The menus came and he didn't know what to order. He made it clear that I would not be ordering a drink -gee I thought I need one to ge tthrough this dinner. He ended up ordering fish and I ordered scallops. Conversation was difficult for him. I wanted to leave. When the check came he used his calculator 3 times and panicked. I don't know what to leave as a tip. I made a suggestion of 10-15%. He ignored me and pulled out his phone squeaking Siri how much do I leave for a tip? He finally tipsthe waitress and wants to go watch the Pats game somewhere else. He is new to the area and has no idea where to go but insists I follow him in my car. We caravan out of the parking lot-going in circles.I've had enough so I pull past him and park in a church parking lot. I roll down my window and shout I don't feel well and head home. Call it Karma or a premonition but that night I got so sick from food poisoning that I was in bed for 3 days. Worst date ever and he kept calling to go out again. Finally stopped taking his calls.

Wow! You're amazing for all that you did do. I would have ended it much sooner, like after he said he had never heard of a Barnes and Noble bookstore. Sorry you got sick.

College. Beginning of Fall semester 1984. A girl asked me to the movies. I thought 'this school is alot better than the last one'!! So I show up and there's a crowd of people. She's there. We all pile into two cars and head to the movies. She's in the other car. We get there, buy tickets and go inside. She sits with another guy and I'm next to a strange girl. Hmmm. Then we go back to campus and she says goodnight. Then the next week she asks me again. So the whole process is repeated but I'm with yet another girl. It took me two weeks to figure out this was group dating. I'd never even heard of such a thing. So when week 3 comes around, I declined. She got pissed. Too bad for her🙂

Group dating? That's....I don't know what to say about how stupid that is or why anyone would want to go out on a group date.

@paul1967 I know! I freaked out ( not literally) when I realized what it was. This was in art school so there were a great many different philosophies running loose and free. I stayed on the farm, ha ha!

A blind date my girl friend set up. She thought he was nice and we would get alone. I do not even remember his name, we went out for a light bite to eat went to a free concert and back to my apartment to drop me off. Well he needed to use the bathroom and asked if he could use mine. I thought NOTHING of it. We come up to my apt. he goes down the hall the the bathroom and emerges several minutes late NAKED. I'm like get the fuck outta here b4 I call the cops. he dressed and left. It was a while b4 my girlfreind heard the end of that one.

I think that was also in a movie too.

@LucifersPen Sadly this has happened to alot of women/girls

@silverotter11 You must've asked him what the hell he was thinking, no? What was his response?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.