Agnostic.com

26 3

Do you feel as I do that Americans (primarily men ) place way to much importance on spectator sports in terms of amount of time watching ,analyzing,debating, spending money on ,and reading and talking about .Of course I do not include participating in sports which Is obliviously beneficial.

richiegtt 8 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love NFL Football, specifically Patriots, because i thoroughly un6derstand it....just as much as I love reading, home improvement,gardening, etc etc etc....my money, my time, my business,nobody else's. Do not confuse ADDICTION with enjoyment....and spectator parties are a blast!

I agree it’s non of my business and could not give a crap what you enjoy doing .I did not ask what people enjoy DOING did I ? What the hell does reading ,home improvement gardening etc,etc,etc have to do with spectator sports .I said in my post that participating in activities is beneficial.Evidently you may have bad reading comprehension.You do not watch these activities you DO them .THIS post addresses the over indulgence of SPECTATOR sports and not the participation in a activity. Detrimental effects such as going bankrupt from sports betting can result from being addicted to spectator sports .I know someone that spent his daughters college tuition on sports betting .

@richiegtt ummmm, do you not think that gambling addiction has very little to do with what they gamble on, and much more to do with the fact they have an addiction? They would find something, anything, to bet on, why blame spectator sports (or a deck of cards)?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5555
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.