Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Evangelicals Have an Awful Reputation with Non-Christians. They Earned It. | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In news that should shock absolutely no one, non-Christians think very poorly of evangelicals.

According to a new survey from the (Christian) Barna , “Americans seem to increasingly view evangelicals through a political lens,” which isn’t good news for believers who think their faith is at least synonymous with basic decency.

snytiger6 9 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a friend from times long past used to say, "I just tell the truth because it hurts more." When everyone else hates your positions, there is really no escape.

Lemmy (Motörhead) quote:

In my neighborhood there is still a GMC Yukon with windows all written up like they do if someone just got married. The huge writing says "Jesus is my Savior -- Trump is my President." This is evangelical Cult 45 ism to the core. This is one reason why televangelists have a bad name.

Besides that, Christians think badly of OTHER Christian who are NOT of the Church, Cult ,etc, as themselves as well, so what's new.

You said it!!

This IS supposed to be NEWS to us?
It never ceases to surprise that it takes so long and survey for someone to discover something WE already knew.

No shit, Sherlock!

The evangils stuck there nose where it didn't belong. Good thing is that increases our numbers.

Decency and evangelicals is like heaven and hell, that is if there is a hell or heaven.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:555790
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.