Agnostic.com

55 9

Have you ever met anybody who actually believed the Earth was 6,000 years old?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yup. And it's the only time I've left a conversation without an explanation.

I sometimes meet them - they always arrive in clumps of two or three. I invite them in to my house, sit them down and offer them a cup of tea. Then, when they are trapped (because they are too polite to leave!) I tie them up with questions about evolution, get them to admit to accepting the speed of light and then ask about the time-scales of distant galaxies, especially if their bible claimsf they were all created 3 days before the creation of man, a mere 6,000 years ago. I'm always very polite, and listen quietly to their answers before politely asking them questions that conflict with their answers. Maybe, (God willing!) I can one day convert one of them - but unfortunately their visits to me are not so frequent nowadays, much to the envy of my neighbours!

My Dad

Too many to count, sadly

Oh yes. I was substituting in high school several years ago during the evolution chapter. The student actually started reading from the "10 questions to ask your teacher about evolution" that he was trying to hid from me. Google that phrase and look at the questions. It is obvious that anyone who asks those questions believes in a 6000 year old earth. Ridiculous.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.