Agnostic.com

33 15

Any pansexuals out there besides me? I feel like I need to represent..??

Boom! I'm a pan. Most people have no idea what that entails, considering there's only 2 sexes. So allow me to explain...(ahem!??)
?Pansexual people love all people and all people are considered when it comes to intimacy.
⚠Are we promiscuous?
(Some of us are..?)
Pansexual people are like bisexual people...but we look beyond your physical body and look at who you are as a person.?
Granted, we appreciate passion, possibly a nice package or a great rack...so yes, we have our preferences...✔
As an out pansexual, I'm not turned off by people who are considered taboo in a social standpoint...
Pansexuals appreciate people who are true to themselves...perhaps it's the confidence of standing mighty and powerful in the opposition of social conditioning.. ✅(I take awe in a Jayne Mansfield-lookalike transwoman with a fully-functional appendage...my secret crush!)

Pansexual people can be happily married with children and live a normal life...they're just extremely open-minded in their sexual partners, is all.
The true sapiosexuals.?
If you can turn us on with your mind, it's pretty much fair game!❤

FinchiMcQ 6 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think attraction is attraction. I try not to get hung up by traditional gender roles. I don’t know if that makes me pansexual. Maybe just human and not too worried about it ?

Don't worry your pretty head about it too much, love...

@FinchiMcQ I appreciate that fact that you think my head is pretty 🙂

I think that's great. I've pondered it myself, but I don't think I am. My sexual preferences seem to be quite binary, and I like manly men and girly girls, for lack of a better explanation. Of course, I consider trans women and trans men to be women and men.

I can see myself being sexually attracted to someone androgynous, but not so sure about genderqueer. I'm just not sexually turned on by say, a bearded crossdresser or bearded woman. I'm also not sexually into gay men. So I think that leaves me at bisexual.

Pansexuals don't care what any of those labels mean. Nor do we KNOW what they mean...???at least I dont..?

@FinchiMcQ Well fwiw, I think you're doing a mighty fine job representing. ?

I’ve come to the same conclusion: I’m bi. Great description of what pan means!

I'm pansexual.

I am not promiscuous and never have been. No one's sexuality determines their thirst.

I am not just waiting for the right guy before settling into heterosexuality.

I fall in love with a person's brain first, meaning I'm also sapiosexual. So, basically, I don't care about gender just them.

Dove Level 3 Apr 12, 2018

yep, it's the brain/mind that matters. I am only attracted to women, but also mostly to smart women.

Welcome?

I am pan! There are soooo many character traits I find more important than our physical bodies - especially when our physical bodies are constantly changing as we pass through life.

Your description is fantastic. Thank you!

Happy to know a fellow pansexual.
Following you!
Welcome

I didn't realize it was so unwell known but I guess growing up in the lgbt+ community my whole life kept me more knowledgeable

Society standards are shifting..

The closest I can get to 'Pan' was as a kid. I had a thing for Wendy too. 😉

Haha...I got that one!?

I don’t think I know any pansexuals so that was an interesting read. You do you! ?

Thank you for your thoughts and for your time!?

I'm a great believer that there are only four true sexualities, based on whether (other preferences being met) you'd have sex with same, different, neither or both. Everything else, including gender identity, gender presentation, intelligence, weight and height are preferences rather than core sexuality. I'm not sure why we need to make up new sexualities to cover every possible preference. If you can be more than one sexuality (e.g. a sapiosexual heterosexual) then something's not quite right. You don't get gay men profiling as 'bearsexual' or 'twinksexual' even though they might have an exclusive preference for that type of man.

Biphobia has a lot to answer for: the pressures from both gays and straights to 'pick a team.' The automatic assumption that you're promiscuous, greedy and have no standards. I believe a lot of pseudo-sexualities stem from bi people wanting to sidestep the maligned term 'bisexuality' and often at the same time to prove that they have standards (sapio - only intelligent people, demi - only people you feel emotionally close to.) Again, you can have a heterosexual sapiosexual or a homosexual demisexual.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for pan in that it expresses that sex is irrelevant. A lot of bisexuals treat same and other very differently. Someone who identifies as pan is less likely to be secretive about a same sex relationship than someone who identifies as bi (in my personal experience.)

Also, androsexual and gyno/gynesexual have their uses in expressing an exclusive interest in male or female, without the interested party's sex as a point of reference.

Ultimately, I'm not here to challenge anyone's sincerely held identity. Given that pansexuality/sapiosexuality/demisexuality/pomosexuality are all things with understood meanings, I don't take issue with people using them. I just think it's a shame that those who invented them had to declare them sexualities rather than preferences. 'Sapiophile' and 'demiphile' would be preferable, but I suppose that suffix has rather nasty connotations these days.

Just as long as it stops short of Tallblondeswithbigbreastssexual 🙂

I'd like to point out that what gender someone identifies as has nothing to do with sex or sexual preference. I believe this is one of the most misunderstood concepts about gender identity.

@msar0414 Absolutely. Gender identity has no bearing on sexuality. Let's keep sexuality about what sex you are in relation to the sexes of the people you're willing to have sex with 🙂

I thought there was only 2 sexes...
???
I guess I'm behind in the times...

It has all become a little confusing to my old ass. I am a sexual being. I see myself as a heterosexual
due my desire for females. Everything the female offers in smell, taste, tactile, sounds, shape and personality stimulates passion, sensuality, and eroticism inside. I associate "making love" with a female. I enjoy the animal side of "just getting off" with a female too. I don't desire "making love" to a male sexual partner. I did have one sexual weekend with a man. Physically, I was gratified but no desire for intimacy, like with a woman. So, does my being able to attain physical gratification mean I'm bisexual? I do not believe so. If anything, I consider myself just plain sexual without the prefixes. My gender is male. Again, gender descriptors today are murky water in my head. I can see traits of my personality being presented both masculine and feminine. I like to be dominant over females but at the same time, if she is to submissive, I can lose interest. A female demanding she get her satisfaction is stimulating. The word "love" gets thrown in and about intertwined with sex and the meaning gets lost. Or at least seems that way to me. My reference "making love" includes sensuality, eroticism, mutual physical pleasure and a strong sense of complete connection in the moment. I believe sex is sex, but if you add wanting to please someone else as much as yourself or more, then you have sex made better by love.
Anyway, I am glad you feel better, now that you represent for pansexuals.

Pretty square comment...one misspelling--until the end where you put a jab in at her belief..?
Why? Condescending sounding-
Peace

@Skeezwazzle she stated feeling a need to represent pans, I assumed she felt better after post. My intent wasn't meant condescending but see how it could be taken that way. "Pretty square"? square as in spot on comment or old fashion square comment? Or other? Peace right back at you.

When was I not better beforehand?

@FinchiMcQ Simply an example of stating something in writing that was percieved as different intent I think, maybe? One difficulty of communicating through social media, you can't see facial expressions, body posture, ect to distinguish intent. My apologies for any negative connotation.

I'm more of a pot sexual.....or maybe a skillet. Still on the fence.

That's hot. Do you like kettles, or.....?

@MikaB French presses.?

Hi! <3

Interesting! Where are you in the LGBTQ group? I guess B or what?

SalC Level 6 Apr 11, 2018

We don't have one, really.
But hey, thanks for the thought!?

They added a +. Lgbt+ is all inclusive

Whoever you are, be that person. I only like women who supply me with beer. Hee hee.

More of a Potsexual myself... and I'd never call the Kettle anything other than "the Kettle".

Please elaborate..of course, unless your joking..

I was Joking! Pots/pans... pot calling the kettle black, etc... but all silliness aside, I do love the Ganga. What do you think about cannabis and sex?? I’ve found that it can make the experience more meditative, but at the same time it seems to push the precipice of orgasm further away. It’s nice in this rolling on the ocean kind of way, but it seems to dull sensitivity a little? Hard to describe because it brings you closer in some ways and further in others.

I love weed and sex!
I'm ready to be a member of THAT church!!

I have heard of the phrase before, but not such an elaborate description as the one you provided. I'm pretty strongly hetrosexual myself, but after reading about bonobo chimpanzees I wonder if pan-, bi-, poly- or omninisexuality was more natural among our ancestors and through a process of socialization and "civilization" we developed more rigid binary traditions and identities. Sexual activity generally plays a major role in bonobo society, being used as what some scientists perceive as a greeting, a means of forming social bonds, a means of conflict resolution, and postconflict reconciliation. It happens between both genders, young and old, and in and outside of their communal groups. Check out the Wikipedia article to learn more: [en.wikipedia.org]

Glad you explained - I had a wierd idea of a frying pan and a cube of butter 🙂

gater Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

I'm glad I was able to make things more clear for you in the matter.

ive always wondered what this means, but for some reason, never when i have access 2 the internet. add 2 this the fact that i have a terrible memory, and ive not managed 2 figure it out...until now! thank you!

Byrd Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Man this stuff is getting so complicated. I'm going to need a phone app. just to keep it all straight.

I think I'll just stay in my bunker, with my one (female) wife.

I'm a panspermian pantheist pansexual humanist. Now try to say that out loud really fast muah ha ha

I knew someone who sought out Pan people just too touch them
He was arrested for pan handling ......

EMC2 Level 8 Apr 19, 2018

You sir..... win.

My daughter is engaged to a pan sexual, I had to ask what that meant.
I wouldn't say pan sexuals are necessarily sapio sexual.

Please explain why you would be a credible source to represent pansexual people when you yourself aren't a pansexual?

@FinchiMcQ The question asked if there are any out there. Here is one, and she is not sapio sexual.

I am becoming more pan like as time passes and I understand my self better. There are escences about people that are the core of their being that I am learning to appreciate, but that are often obscured by conditioned pretences. Some they put on and some I have been encombered with.

A condition is a habit.
Habits can be broken.
I wish you complete satisfaction in your journey.

I could be one, but can't tell, since I'm also a demisexual and must have over a year of an exclusive relationship before I feel sexual attraction, and so far, only males have been that persistent.

But I am panromantic, although without sexual thoughts.

Honestly, not trying to be flippant but I don't see how it is any different than a fun cool sounding label for a promiscuous bisexual.

Because not everyone is the same.

My Mind is Liberated, Educated, Color Blind and Tolerant for every person I meet every day. I've existed very comfortalby by demonstrating these qualities daily and without any negitive feedback. When did Pansexualism arrive?

No idea, sir

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.