Agnostic.com

6 4

I have neuropathy in my feet. It started long before they pigeonholed me as diabetic and nothing seems to help it. Well, warm feet helps it a lot and I sleep in heavy socks. No meds have ever been prescribed for me but I feel that they should be.

In the last week I have woke up feeling cold from the waist down and almost feel my feet as frozen. I thought the home heat had quit but the temp was 70 degrees. To fix this I get out of my socks and into some black thick rubber shoes and move around. I return to normal then with just a tingling of the feet.

I understand that there are meds for this and I have no idea why my doctor is not giving me any. All she does is stick my feet with needles. If anyone else has this problem please respond and enlighten me. I thank you in advance.

DenoPenno 9 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She does not sound like much of a doctor. I am a diabetic and have been for close to 40 years, and now insulin dependent. I have never had any serious foot neuropathy. My doctor stays on my case to . mange my diabetes as well as I can '' helping me to manage my diet, urging me to exercise regularly -- which I have done seriously and almost religiously. For years I walked 3 to 5 miles a day, and over the past 14 years I have been on a ve3ry heavy wightlifing routine 3 times a week. He has also helped with changing medications -- especially with the addition of Trulicity.

If you are not seriously managing your diet and exercising seriously and regularly, there is not much you can do to help. It is more in your hands than in those of the doctor.

Stop eating carbohydrate! & start walking slowly/daily & build up, or just practice deep breathing seated at first if you must. Uou can make it go away...both my brother & I have...both around 70 yrs old. Eating carbohydrates is NOT good for diabetics! I do not give one rat's ass about the DASH diet they push at us.....if i eat like Dr.Atkins told us, my blood sugar is wonderful, just about normal...when i eat "low-calorie low fat", my blood Ac1 heads towards disaster in less than 2 weeks, and back comes the nasty side effects
Also, you definitely need another doctor!
It sounds like you are going to an acupuncturist, they cannot legally prescribe any drugs.
After my doctor of 30+ years retired (how dare he?!) I went thru 3 doctors before I found one I could trust...not "like", my first doctor & I fought like cats & dogs, sometimes, but he was competent. "Like" is for friends....

Ever try something like this? [amazon.com]

I know there are meds to help with neuropathy, this is something you need to discuss in depth with your doctor. I talk with seniors all day about their health and medications, I do health interviews for an insurance company selling Medicare Supplement Insurance. I have learned so much about senior health and meds for diabetes and diabetic complications. You may have to flat out ask your doc what he/she can give you for the neuropathy. Make your wants/needs known.

You have the best answer and she (my doc) will listen and do this or I will change my PCP.

@DenoPenno I have changed doctors about 5 times in the last 5 to 7 years. It started when my long time Primary care doc had to stop seeing patients and go into admin due to her own health. Her replacement then moved to a different health system and way the heck across town. Then I changed to another clinic, and the first thing my new doc asked was if I had considered bariatric surgery. Literally, that was the first question. So I changed to another doc, and second appointment with that doc she did not even mention my 30 pound weight loss. I changed insurance and had to change docs, and I like my new doc, I think I might have found a keeper.

I don't have any answers for you. Yes there are meds for this but they don't work very well. I've got neuropathy too.

Have you tried CBD cream? My brother-in-law says it helps his neuropathy. Because it's ''medical supply,'' they'll ship anywhere in the States.

[rms-products.com]

To function as other than a placebo the dosage of CBD must be much higher than that cream, AFAIK. They sell CBD creams at the dispensary where I get THC vape and it's pricey.

@Theresa_N This stuff is NOT a placebo...trust me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.