Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK This Irresponsible Sex Ed Curriculum Is Being Taught in Texas School Districts | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Texas. Where the phrase, "Hold my beer", originated, right before an act of idiocy.

In case you’re wondering what bad sex education looks like in some school districts, look no further than than Texas where eight school districts, including the Leander Independent School District (LISD), outsources its sex ed curriculum to a group called Austin LifeGuard (ALG).

ALG is run by Austin LifeCare — now using the more deceptive name The Source — a “self-described anti-abortion crisis pregnancy center” with Christian connections. Naturally, they’re less interested in educating students about making safe decisions when having sex, choosing instead to scare them away from sex altogether. That option never works. Which means students are left to fend for themselves when they finally choose to do anything physical.

snytiger6 9 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yer darn tootin' rite, no city slicker is gonna tell me I can't fuck mah sistuh!

Ignorant policy setters result in ignorant students.

Every educator of any worth knows this.

Christian folk have great morals don’t they? Lol

Evangelical Texas no surprise

Professional sex educator here: Sadly, there is no federal mandate for comprehensive sex ed, and many states let districts do their own thing as long as they don’t lie. Then, they bring in groups like this, which teach shame based material that is more harmful than helpful. It’s a travesty.

UUNJ Level 8 Dec 1, 2020

There is an old song where you got your sex education out behind the barn. (Was it with animals?) In my time parents had fits over sex education and said they did not want this and would teach their children themselves. It never happened. Never ever.

Time for parents to step up and do the education.

Parents are the ones that encourage these groups to take over their kids education. What kind of information do you think they will get at home? That is the whole reason for fact based, school sex ed.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Bible belt schools have no ethics in education. Never have.

Leelu Level 7 Dec 1, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557286
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.