Agnostic.com

9 10

LINK A Woman Was Nearly Kicked Off a Flight for Wearing a “Hail Satan” Shirt | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

About a month ago, Swati Runi Goyal was flying with her husband to Las Vegas from her home in Florida, but as soon as she got into her seat, an American Airlines crew member told her she needed to change her shirt or she wouldn’t be allowed to fly.

That’s because she was wearing this silly shirt reading “Hail Satan” and “Est. 666.”

In an interview with BuzzFeed, Goyal explained that she’s a member of The Satanic Temple, which isn’t evil and doesn’t believe in Satan either.

snytiger6 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some fuckin’ morons have real problems.........A shirt bothers them that much?

Some morons are just hopelessly weak and naive.

I think I would have asked if the shirt said "god bless" would I be kicked off... if not then suck it.

Leelu Level 7 Dec 7, 2020

Religious superstition. It's wonderful.

Judgemental xians

Sounds like it was more the crew than the airline itself. They refunded the ticket and apologized. Hopefully they also educate their crew members on what actually constitutes offensive clothing.

Even if it was so-called “Offensive”........we still have freedom of speech.

American sucks!

She should sue the airline for religious discrimination.

It seems that " Land of the Free" may be just as big a MYTH as is the Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy.

In the land of the free and the home of the brave, I have to be brave if I want to be free.

@yvilletom That may be so over there in the United States of Absurdity, at least here in Australia we don't need to be brave to free, we are free from birth until we die at least.

They made her cover it up. American Airlines flies out of Philadelphia, I fly them a lot, or used to.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.