Agnostic.com

10 10

LINK Faith Leaders Condemn OK Gov. for Responding to COVID with “Prayer and Fasting” | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt, whose plan to protect citizens from the coronavirus included… fasting and prayer and nothing else.

As you can expect, there was significant backlash — and not just from atheists. Critics include people like Rev. Marlin Lavanhar, who urged his followers to listen to scientists and wear masks:

snytiger6 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I say, you think he's great, follow him........

If you're congregation is dead your monetary intake goes down quite substantially. Their Governor is not dependent on contributions, he gets paid regardless. For churches it's a matter of survival. 🤬

Well now........he’s got a point with fasting I must say.

I do that myself 4 to 5 times a year from 3 to 4 days. If your interested in your health, this is very beneficial.

At least not all religious fool are completely delusional. That rev. must have a higher than a D+ in science class.

More proof, if ever it was needed, that large swathes of America are run by idiots and lunatics.

It isn't a hoax? Now you tell me!

What's wrong with preying and farting?

The people of OK might have voters remorse now.

I wish but you must realize 70% of them voted for this jerk and Trump.

Now that IS a State Governor you DO NOT want imo,

The man is mentally incompetent.

Ever notice that death threats are only sent to democratic leaders....

@anglophone Perhaps his mother sat on the wet patch left by tRump's father at some time and they are both related, him and Donnie Jerk-off tRump?

What a Neanderthal! Let him starve himself and see if prayer will keep him alive.

All he needs to do is not eat until the virus goes away! At least he would go away.

He is a hypocrite evangelical so he will cheat and avoid sick people knowing "forgiveness" is always available.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558844
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.