Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK As Biden prepares to take over, media normalizes Republican obstruction | Salon.com

Our lazy ass media, always pushing conflict

1of5 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would help if people weren't so gullible for validation of their toxic opinions.
Without that most of this wouldn't even be an issue.
Since I'm not a "Republican" AND a "Christian" I'm obviously a cannibal that eats children because that's what Christian Republicans want to believe about anyone that doesn't agree with them.
You can objectively call people out truthfully even if nothing they say about you is true.
Then they play the "both sides are the same" game because we point out something obvious, like Republican racism, or fascism when we see it. In their minds it's the same thing they do, but I honestly don't recall ever accusing them of eating children; just them taking them from their parent who they deport and keeping them in cages so they're going to have emotional problems for the rest of their lives.
See how this works?
It's all one sided, lying social conservatives (euphemism for fascist), verses factual observation from everyone else that the fascist insist are just as bad.

They play the cult of victomhood to the hilt, both xtian and conservative.

There's been a fair number of journalists that think the media needs to abandon the "he said this, they responded with that" coverage of politics (which is how the media covered things when facts were actually uttered by both sides, to some extent) to a more fact checking based philosophy. It'd be nice if they did, but news channels target thier coverage to thier audience which is critical in selling time to advertisers which in turn is critical to them staying on the air.

Its a system that gives us an ever downward spiraling quality of information.

Not a big fan of mainstream media which are owned by corporations which are now considered "people". After how they treated comedian (tho raunchy), Howard Stern proves we do not have a free press. Even PBS has aboard that decides what we are permitted to see. Due to the internet what one is able to corroborate or not is becoming a major task of which few are up to. Including me so I believe half of what I see & none of what I read on the internet.

Our press is only "not free" due to the pressures of capitalism - gotta get and keep eyeballs glued to your content

This is a money grab.

Of course it is. Conflict sells much better that cooperation, unfortunatly.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559445
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.