Agnostic.com

5 7

Australian Man Let A Spider The Size Of A Face Live In His Lounge For A Year
[iflscience.com]
As I've had a couple tarantulas in the past, I assumed the one here was hanging onto a mouse - that's what I occasionally fed my sliders. Nope!

chalupacabre 8 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good deterrent if you don't want house guests. I think spiders are pretty cool, but after being bit by one and saying what could happen, I'm fine. Not was super sick for several days and left a huge hole as the venom rotted my flesh. So other than those I recognize as harmless, I stay away.

I ll die if I see that . I ll just die . It’s easier .

@altschmerz Yeah, you probably don't want to look up goliath or bird eating spiders then. Thems the stuff of nightmares for some.

It's a huntsman spider. What's your problem? Seriously, other than people who are arachnophobic most aussies don't bat an eyelid at huntsman soiders. If it were a redback or widow we'd squash it, but huntsmen are great for keeping down other pests, like flies. Or children or yanks 😄

Mmmmm . . . just a guess: size? No, really, I'm with you. Something's gotta be keeping them fed to get that big and I'd rather have a big spider like that around than all the more creepy things that would have otherwise led to a spider growing so big.

@chalupacabre they normally grow to about palm size 🙂

@Cyklone That's not so bad. About the same as a tarantula or bird eating spider. Seems a little small to be hauling off an opossum, though. Maybe that one was more of an exception.

@chalupacabre I think so, I've never seen them that big.

If I saw that thing in my house I'd take a frying pan and smash it to a paste.

Nope, gotta be eating something to get that big and that somethin's probably nastier and harder to target with any frying pan. 😉

@chalupacabre Strychnine will take care of both of them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560792
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.