Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Australian Victims Speak Out Against Christian Drug/Alcohol Rehab Center | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

You know the story won’t end well when it involves a religious rehab clinic.

In Sydney, Australia, some people have been ordered by the courts to spend time in the Healing House, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center. But a new report from ABC Investigations finds that it’s basically a faith-based torture chamber for people who simply wanted to get better.

snytiger6 9 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was in court once and a drug offender was asking leniency from the judge. He stood and said: “your honor I have joined a church and I go twice a week “!!
U know what?, that judge did give him probation (instead of jail for another year) as long as he got documentation of his bi-Weekly church!! WTF

I would be looking for kickbacks to the judge(s) ordering it......

And I’m sure they make a lot of money from the state to do that torturing.

Angry that such places (there are probably more of them) are allowed to exist and that there is no regulation of the sector. They are getting tax payer money to commit these attrocities. Time to shut them down and charge with with neglect at the least.

Typical bloody God Mobster needs to be thrown off Sydney Harbour Bridge with a 100 Kg weight tied to her neck.

I would not trust any of those places, not one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561513
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.