Agnostic.com

19 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a friend who followed that line of thought. I told her it was such a shame to beat yourself up over bad decisions but never take credit when she made good ones, even though she was responsible for both. I couldn’t convince her of course. A lifetime of brainwashing is hard to undo.

If you ignore god for two or three weeks you can always return to god and he is always there for you. Try doing that for two or three days in a real life situation with someone with whom you reside and see what happens. Which merely goes to show that only in the realm of the imagination such a relationship exists.

Another troll from the obstructionist republican religious fascists%!

Wrong place, wrong time!

God has a great job.... he can't F up. If things go well, he gets the credit. If things go badly, he gets a pass. Talk about job security.

Or if things go bad then he’s just testing you to make you more like him. What kind of testing does an 8 year old with cancer need

@abyers1970 Exactly... and what kind of nefarious "plan" would give a kid cancer in the first place? Sadistic is the only word that comes to mind

Loki is just having fun.

Yes, unfortunately he does not tell anyone what it is nor does he treat anyone differently than another. I have been talking to dog and so it is.

Yep, I always used to chat with god, sorry typo Dog, his name was Charlie, sadly he died of old age 4 years ago.

" Sky Daddy, Plans for everyone," What a massive joke that is imo.
IF this El Supremo Sky Daddy was a Town Planner, Architect, etc, etc, he/she/it would have been on the Bread-line long ago.
Just take a good look at his/her/its record so far, 6,000+ years, according to the Goat-Herders Guide to the Galaxy, Chapter 1, page 1, verse 1, creates plants BEFORE creating sun and light for the plants to grow and thrive = S.N.A.F. U. #1, a bit further along, knows everything that is going to happen, creates Adam and Eve knowing full well they are curious and 'faulty', gets aggro because they eat the wrong bit of fruit ( even though he they would anyway) and gives them the boot from his special garden = SNAFU #2, by the time you reach the final chapter the tallies are Sky Daddy SNAFUs = tens of thousands, Victories/Wins, getting things right = Zero, Zilch, Nada, Sweet F**k all.
Yep ONE great Planner, NOT.

Good points I’ll take it further. If god is so against sin then why did he create humans with a love for sin inside of us. We love to fornicate , cover, covet others property etc.

I say "thank the Gods". That usually confuses them.

the bad stuff is either "god has a plan for you" or "it's due to free will and is human caused." They are oblivious the the fact that those statements cancel each other out.

I think it would be rather fun to say "Praise Jesus" every time something bad happened to troll people who say this.
Example:
"Ew, this milk has gone off"
-"Praise Jesus"

They like to thank god when good happens, and blame the devil when it goes badly.

Blaming the devil would actually be an improvement over blaming yourself for the bad things tha happen in your life!

"The less you know, the more you believe."

• Bono

The god idea works out pretty well when you pray to a milk jug.

@DenoPenno WHAT, you ONLY lavish your adorations and lip service to just ONE of them?
Isn't that being a put unfair and selfish, which one gets your preferential treatment, the left or the right?
Btw, "milk jugs," Aussie slang term for Breasts, Boobs, Knockers, Chest Air bags, Baby's best friends, etc, etc,.

@Triphid I have worshipped a few in my time, but usually as a pair, giving equal time to each! 🥛

@Barnie2years That's good, NEVER favour one over the other....LOL

I heard one spiritual leader once say that when he did good, god all the credit but when he did bad, it was on him. I had been raised with that mentality, too, but hearing it said out loud like that left me wondering about it. I could never work out how that was okay.

It's never okay. The "spiritual leader" was too damned ignorant to realise that is a perfect description of an abusive parent.

@linxminx sounds kind of like the Orange Nazi! 😁

It's a self-reinforcing delusion -- God is always right and merciful no matter what happens.The Holocaust happened but thank God even more people weren't murdered by the Nazis.

God is good.

The world's dimwits have a need to be comforted by their own delusions.

It's God's will. All prayers get answered, sometimes the answer is no. Nothing is impossible with God. What bullshit!

Yeah, a very, very bad plan.

It’s fantasy also, or rather, a delusion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561917
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.