Agnostic.com

3 2

Michael Flynn and Roger Stone, while pardoned for past indiscretions, are not protected from present or future criminal acts. Plotting insurrections in the White House to invoke the Insurrection Act in an attempt to reverse the election is seditious. trump, Flynm, and Stone are approaching perilously close to an actionable case of sedition.

t1nick 8 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is becoming abundantly clear why Obama removed Flynn from his prior command of the military intelligence agency. The man is both treasonous and off his rocker.

Exactly

People have been making fun of people like me who have been saying our democracy is ending. They still are. They are idiots.

No just more optimistic that the Democracy will weather the present assault. We may be a little less cynical is all.

@t1nick See that's the thing, I think the damage is already done. You think any of the boundaries that have been stretched without repercussion will suddenly spring back into place? That's not how things work.

@JeffMurray

I don't think anything will necessarily snap back as you say. Instead it will evolve to a new normal that may resemble prior structures, but with substantial changes reflecting the times.

@DangerDave

If I'm not mistaken, that would involve calling a Constitutional Convention. It would take >2/3 of the states to ratify if I remember correctly. That could not happen with >50% of the states bring red.

@DangerDave You can make the argument that 22nd Amendment did, but other than that no president or Congress has ever legally restricted their own power. And that's not even the most important part. Half of what our government does is based on precedent, not law, and A LOT of crazy fuckin' precedent has been set in the last 4 years. Plus there's more executive orders then ever, more signing statements than ever, and it's all both a symptom of and cause for more partisanship.

I think they passed that point a while ago.

Unfortunately not far enough to prompt action.

@t1nick The Dems tried. They impeached his ass, but the scumbag Republicans are willing to let him get away with anything.

Yes, the dems tried to impeach him. One of the better things they have done. Too bad he's won over the entire repuglican establishment and base.

@Theresa_N They were successful. But you are right, he owns that party. He lost the election and those bitches still can't grow a backbone because they're too worried he'll tweet about them. And people don't think our democracy is fucked? Please.

@JeffMurray

The Republican spiral downwards began with Ronald Reagan and the Moral Majority. They blossomed in their immorality with the Tea Party and the Freedom Caucus.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562232
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.