Agnostic.com

10 5

LINK When people tell me the bible is there to teach morality, they are wrong. : atheism

r/atheism post about the Bible and morality

Hages 7 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If your an atheist how can you have a moral standard even Charles Darwin thought black people were inferior to whites god is real you’ll find out one day have a debate with me about it

If god was real...he wouldn’t be ‘insane,’ like the one that is described in the Bible! A god made in the image of ‘man,’ will never be efficient, no matter how long HE is touted and past down from generations to generations!

Have a debate with you and let you endlessly repeat what you were told?

Totally wrong 😑

Kill all your enemies except virgin girls, keep then as your sex-toys.

Slaughter any man who dares collect wood on Sunday.

Unless a woman can PROVE she was a virgin on her wedding night (guilty until proven innocent) she must be taken to her father's threashold and stoned to death as a whore.

A woman who looks back at the home she's leaving must be turned into a pillar of salt - but her two daughters getting their own father rat-arse drunk in a cave so that they can have non-consensual sex with him? That's fine.

If that's 'bible morality' then the less it's taught the better.

You use these things against god you don’t wanna follow his commandments because you would rather live tHe way you want you cherry pick these things out of context and to say you have morality what is an atheist morality or standard of morality is it to think white people are superior then blacks that’s what Darwin believed and these beliefs Stalin and hitler loved

@JamesProbert Strange how you list the characteristics of so many bible-thumping christians and then attempt to assign them to atheists.

@ToakReon see you make a bold statement like that against Christians and no evidence but I showed u what atheists think haha

@JamesProbert with less evidence that I have.

Christian opposition to fair treatement of large chunks of society is national news.

@JamesProbert I see that you ‘cherry pick,’ from the Bible...are you denying others the same privilege?

If that was so, how come so many priests/pastors do the wrong thing? They must not have red it.

The Bible in the simplest explanation..........

When people have been conditioned to believe that about the Bible, it is hard to get them to believe otherwise!

The Divine Command theory which is well supported by the Bible essentially says disobeying God's command - even if it contradicts earlier or other commandments - is immoral. So, if God commands that someone lie, cheat, steal, or kill, then such actions are moral. Christians want to accuse nonbelievers of moral relativism without understandung their own. God could not have commanded the genocide of the inhabitants of Canaan unless God could override the earlier command not to kill.

God is just some narcissistic lunatic. He’ll soon go extinct.

@Charlynature HE just seems to crop up someplace else...extinct, he may never be!

Morality comes out of the structures of your society. Bibles have nothing to do with it.

Nor do Korans nor Talmuds.

Seems like morality comes from parents, peer pressure, cultural mores, books movies, established laws, etc.
Not the Roman book of fairy tales...

I was brainwashed as a child to believe that Bible is true teacher of morality and that anyone who is not a Christian cannot be moral and any teaching other than Christian is wrong . of course I ignored all the Old Testament because that was in a different context and we no longer live by the law. Now I consider the Bible a man made book with some good advice and also some horrible stuff too

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.