Agnostic.com

13 3

I'm getting more and more irritated at the "us & them" mentality of believers who hold themselves in high esteem just because they believe, and we don't. They pity us, they look down their noses at us, and think that we're lost. They "pray for us" that we find God.

What incredibly arrogant, prideful, egoic bullshit. I even had someone on Facebook yesterday tell me that Christianity was logical. You can imagine how THAT got my hackles up.

Sorry, just needed to rant for a bit.

Hominid 7 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I stoped visiting most of those websites because of those annoying religious fanatics getting under my skin .At least here we do not have visiting trolls

I find the religious people of all denominations completely hilarious, especially on facebook. I have a whole folder of offensive memes just for them, ridiculing all faiths. I've been told I'm going to hell dozens of times and they'll pray for me. I tell them don't stress, it's fine. All the interesting people will be in hell anyway

This has happened to me countless times!!! I just them to be clueless intolerant high mighty assholes.

I know a few christians like that.

There is a great deal of hypocrisy in both Crhistian dogma and in the behavior or too many Christians.

I know how you feel .I used to get irritated with them, but then I realized that attempting to open their minds to logic would be like debating Einstein’s theory of general relativity with a 3rd grader .

Ya, but do it enough, and fence-sitters overhearing those conversations will maybe go to the dark side...

I get asked a lot by Christians (yes, I know quite a few) what my purpose is if I don't believe in God. I just tell them my purpose is to teach Christians about Jesus, and if there's time, talk science over martinis.

Funny, I find myself succumbing to the same "Us vs. Them" mentality, except that I pity them for their blind faith and insane delusions and fantasies and "pray" (hope) that they will see the Light of Reason. It takes a great deal of effort to transcend that feeling of superiority, and I'm not sure I'm always successful. But at least I try.

Praying for someone is fine. Telling someone you pray for them is condescending.

And vice-versa in some cases. I think that we "enlightened" few should stand tall and not let their superiority get to us. We know we're right - they just don't know that yet. But stooping to their level isn't going to help our cause. In my opinion!

Too many Christians easily forget the biblical admonition, :"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Ya... thats irritating...

Yeah those types are the dishonest kind. They think they are special and deserve entitlement because they are like children who get caught lying but still continue to lie about it.

Mr_Dj Level 5 Nov 28, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.