Agnostic.com

6 4

Again the Republicans are giving us a monumental national debt along with reduced taxes to the rich folks.

Our economy is all set up for either another huge recession or massive inflation both of which will make us a scary place to live.

Democrats may be able to stabilize the economy but the cure will be painful to all Americans. That pain will probably translate into another Republican scammer getting elected in 2024.

[pewresearch.org]

Lorajay 9 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Republicans stand for smaller government and lower taxes, when the truth is we need BIGGER government and HIGHER taxes. Much bigger and much higher. To enforce the rules society needs to survive and flourish. When you think 'Republicans,' think executives of multinational corporations and other super-rich elites, who have let money and power go to their heads. They are creating a new aristocracy to replace egalitarian democracy, which they are in the process of destroying.
This is obvious.

My fear also. We have been in this cycle since Reagan.

Happens every time. Republicans trash the economy, the Democrats take the hard steps necessary to get it back on track. Then the Republicans come along and lie that they can make the hard go away and the cycle starts again.

Most people are idiots and fall for the lies every time. But never forget that both of the major parties collude to keep crashing the economy together and then right it again over and over while they keep starting wars of choice. It's all Kabuki theater to look like two opposing parties while the same ruling class that both serve keeps benefitting each cycle.

It should be mentioned that ONLY during Republican administrations have STIMULUS checks needed to be sent to Americans. Remember Bush's stimulus check ? (after bush spent 4 trillion in Iraq)

Leetx Level 7 Dec 28, 2020

I doubt it. One term presidents are fairly rare. If the Democrats take the Senate, the Democrats can and should overhaul our regressive taxation system so that the wealthy start paying their fair share. Remember during WWII there was a 94% taxation rate on taxable income over $200,000.

I am definitely a progressive Democrat. Experience has taught me that Democrats are and have never been very good at banding together. Remember how hard it was to get the ACA passed with a democratically controlled Congress?

@Lorajay I am not sure how much Biden will be able to do by Executive Order on this issue, but I am anxious to see him push the envelope in this regard, if necessary.

Unthinkable

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 28, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:564255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.