Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Mormon Church Sued by Boy Scouts in Arizona for Covering Up Alleged Sex Abuse | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Arizona’s law permitting victims of childhood sexual abuse to file lawsuits against their abusers — even if the window for such lawsuits were previously closed due to statutes of limitations — will close once again at the end of this calendar year. Which means anyone hoping to get justice for alleged crimes that happened when they were younger need to file those lawsuits immediately.

And just as the clock is expiring, wouldn’t you know it, the Mormon Church is facing seven separate lawsuits from former Boy Scouts who say religious leaders covered up sex crimes despite being fully aware of what was happening:

snytiger6 9 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A question from me here.
What sort of Law and a Country has a Statute of Limitations on cases such Child Abuse and Sex Crimes?
It can take years or even DECADES for a victim/s to gather up enough strength to seek redress for such things.

I totally agree with you. I don't think there shoudl be a statute of limitations on sex crimes involving children or any kind of rape.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:564708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.