Agnostic.com

5 11

Congressman elect Luke Letlow (Louisiana) died early morning December 30, and breaking news that Senator Ben Chafin (Virginia) died earlier this afternoon. (70% of ALL US lawmakers, state/local/federal, that have tested positive are Republican.)

I've mentioned this once before, but I think it applies. In 1981, when AIDS (Hiv has a different timeline) was declared a pandemic, I was a junior in high school. By 1983, I was in California being wild and free and maybe a little too wild and free. BUT we had all gotten the memo. SAFE SEX. PERIOD.

We didn't fuss, fight, argue or even think about being safe, being routinely tested if sexually active and not continuously monogamous with only one partner.
Condoms/dental dams were simply the way it was. 6 month test regime if not completely monogamous, abstinent or non-sexual (ie: virgin.)

Proud Boys didn't show up with AK47s and our politicians didn't wager lawsuits or call Hiv/AIDS a hoax. Our President acted presidential. It was scary and it was deadly.

What's most mindnumbing? The truth.

At the end of 2004, an estimated 1,147,697 HIV or AIDS cases had been diagnosed and reported to CDC (3). AIDS cases increased rapidly in the 1980s and peaked in 1992 (an estimated 78,000 cases diagnosed) before stabilizing in 1998; since then, approximately 40,000 AIDS cases have been diagnosed annually (3).

Versus the attached picture of the same categories (cases/deaths) today re: COVID19

#shockingcomparison

SeaGreenEyez 9 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The proliferation of idiots at Covid19 "protests" carrying "My Body, My Choice" Banners has both horrified and disgusted me.
We're I pro life or Pro choice in the abortion discussion I would be equally disgusted by the level of ignorance and lack of ethical thought that would allow anyone to draw a such parallel, either for political point scoring or from sheer unthinking idiocy.

Real tired of the self absorbed 'patriots' who whine about their right to infect everyone they want.

I lost too many friends to AIDS, and we are losing way too many people to COVID now.

And all we really need to do to turn the corner on this is stay home as much as possible and wear a mask when we are out.

But I guess that's too much to ask from egocentric, self absorbed, entitled assholes. (In case you want to know how I really feel about them, send me a personal message).

We're losing these Republican by attrition. Wait 'til these morons refuse to take the vaccine.

Karma exists

No karma doesn't exist. But taking stupid risks does.

@barjoe Yes, I notice that generally, f#ckwits are surrounded by f#ckwits and nice people are surrounded by nice people. That has a tendency to create a karmic effect.

@SeaGreenEyez Did you notice the word "generally". I wasn't stating a rule of the universe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.