Agnostic.com

5 11

The law behind the recording of the Trump-Georgia phone call

glennlab 10 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given Trump's history of illegal and threatening behavior (i.e. Ukraine), everyone receiving a call from Trump would be well advised to record that conversation. I believe Raffensperger held onto it but released it to set the record straight when Trump tweeted denunciations against Raffensperger. The call was obviously an inappropriate contact and, with his attorney present and listening in, properly documented it. Only those that support illegal and unethical behavior have any complaint.

Good to know

Georgia is a one party consent state.

[dmlp.org]

Hoisted by his own petards

No one has ever accused him of being the brightest bulb in the pack.

@glennlab Except himself

I think that's the law in a lot of states. Obviously you should check.
Either way, EVERY call the president makes is recorded. (Remember the Ukraine collision call that they moved to the special server.) So the leak wasn't necessarily from GA.
Anyway, fuck that bitch, I hope he's salty.

Trump doesn’t know laws. That way he can claim ignorance of the law. I have understood that ignorance of the law is not a defense but republicans use it all the time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566065
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.