Agnostic.com

7 13

This could get to be interesting.

mcgeo52 8 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

tRuMp will not be in this country on the 20th so good luck finding him to serve papers.

The warrants need to be served ASAP. The Secret Service is not allowed to let him go if there is a warrant out for his arrest.

NO bitch fights girls!! Ya'll will get your chance at him.

Love it

Have either of them said a single word about prosecuting him? Don't get your hopes too high.

Michael Cohen has said that he has spent a lot of time talking with Tish James. I don't think they were discussing the weather.

Fani Willis is the brand new DA for Fulton County. You have to be politically ambitious to become DA. The President of the US on tape with his hand shoulder deep in the cookie jar is not going to be ignored.

I'll be shocked if he isn't facing criminal charges in both NY and Georgia by the 21st.

@mcgeo52 I'd love it, but I just don't see it happening. I think they're going to have the same sentiment that was expressed in Nixon's pardon.

"It is believed that a trial of Richard Nixon, if it became necessary, could not fairly begin until a year or more has elapsed. In the meantime, the tranquility to which this nation has been restored by the events of recent weeks could be irreparably lost by the prospects of bringing to trial a former President of the United States. The prospects of such trial will cause prolonged and divisive debate over the propriety of exposing to further punishment and degradation a man who has already paid the unprecedented penalty of relinquishing the highest elective office of the United States."

@mcgeo52 We have been disappointed before because of the behind the scenes pull of people with power. I am anxious but hopeful rule of law still matters for all but it seems if you be white and connected . . . . . .

@JeffMurray, Tish James won election as AG running on a platform of "I can give Trump more prison time than any of my opponents."

Cy Vance, Jr. (NY County DA) has hired international forensic accountants to examine the evidence in the Trump case. You don't spend that kind of money without expecting to go to trial.

There are calls from Democrats and Republicans in Georgia for a criminal investigation into Trump's call to Raffensperger. That investigation should take about one day, max.

A Presidential pardon (a la Ford for Nixon) won't get Trump out of any of the state charges. And I hope we are finally learning our lesson that if we don't start holding these criminals accountable they will keep getting worse.

@mcgeo52, @JeffMurray Thing is the people were not divided like we are today. Nixon did have his die hard supporters (roger stone comes to mind - a tatoo??!?!) but not the man on the street like we se with trump supporters today. No social media back then either. As long as trump has twitter and the media reporters there were be no peace and tranquility.

@silverotter11, Michael Milken was white and connected. He stepped on the wrong toes. Trump has been stomping all over the wrong toes.

@mcgeo52 That's is true, just so many times is seems very lopsided.

@mcgeo52 That really is the bottom line. With no accountabilty from the beginning - I'm talking all the way back to after the Civil War - it has just gotten worse. I noticed Julian is back in the news.

@mcgeo52 There is nothing I'd like to see more than that fat, disgusting, racist, sexist, war-criminal pile of shit in prison. I hope you are right about everything. I just don't see us ever putting a former president behind bars.

@JeffMurray, by "fat, disgusting, racist, sexist, war-criminal pile of shit" I assume you are talking about Trump, not Dick Cheney.

@mcgeo52 Sad that list of adjectives doesn't narrow down which Republican I'm taking about.

The most realistic comment on his bizarre and erratic behaviour is that he is so terrified of losing the protection of the presidency because he knows that he will be in court on multiple charges as soon as he vacates the white house.

Minor correction. It's "courts" plural.

@mcgeo52 What of the rumor trump has/had plans to jet off to his resort in Scotland until the head there locked the country down because of COVID so there are no incoming flights allowed?

@silverotter11, rumor about Trump planning to do that seems to have some substance. The Scots have made it abundantly clear that it isn't going to happen. They will be (conveniently) locked down until February 1.

@mcgeo52 That is just grand!!

Tar and feather for his fat ass.

Get in line, gals! Everyone wants to see Trump destroyed, including me.

I'm willing to leave it to the pros.

I do law as a hobby, but in this case I think it's going to be a great spectator sport.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.