Agnostic.com

15 9

How did you feel when MAGA rioters breached the Capitol building in a major coup attempt?

I felt heartbroken and horrified. This is not the America I believe in.

"This morning, I made date bars because it's the only thing I can control," I told a friend who called the day after the riot. He laughed.

Why didn't Capitol police arrest and zip-tie the criminals instead of letting them leave freely? Because they are white. It's racism, plain and simple.

Woefully inadequate security. Some Capitol police took selfies with the invading thugs. Confederate flags were proudly waved by racists in the Capitol building. Despicable.

Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani should be charged with inciting riot, violence and insurrection.

Lawmakers who spread Trump's lies and conspiracies about the election should be condemned and thrown out of office. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley spring to mind.

I still feel heartsick. Worried that Donald Trump has access to the nuclear code.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was livid. I wanted them chased off by strafing attack helicopters.

It's not over yet...that was just the warm-up ... This was posted on Parlor and they are planning armed showdowns at ALL the State Capitals...

I'm telling you, it's not over. If they will allow the ones responsible to protect the ammo that was withheld and the ability to enter when needed, remains to be seen. Just realize that many of the new admin will be in ONE place and Trump won't be there and these folks are planning to show up again, means things could be very ugly very fast. Twitter is posting warnings about right wing plans that they've seen about plans in DC from the 17th through the 20th.

I was despondent when 45 won election. I went into a deep depression and couldn't leave bed for a month almost. 45 cost me my job, cost the man who owned the company I worked for his business, (Trump didn't pay his bills so my boss had to basically sell the company to pay his vendors), and he got elected. I've felt doom approaching since then, and I have a sixth sense many times. It's going to take a long time and a lot of hard work to fix this.

a couple

I mean National Guard wasn't allowed to enter for over two hours, Pelosi was begging them to come but it has to be approved by higher up like Trump, Pentagon, DoD, something. Finally Pence after asking Trump to do this and he refused multiple times, Pence called it in.

Now, remember how Trump has been filling posts with civilians in DoD, the Pentagon, the FBI in the last couple of months? WHY do you think he did that??? Because this was thought out ahead of time and THEY didn't allow the Guard to go in. This sure seems like a practice run for later in the month...doesn't it?

Some of those guys had zipties! WHY? They were planning to hold someone. One guy had 11 molotov cocktails...WHY? I'd say we're lucky any of our legislatures weren't injured and that a couple of women were smart enough to grab the ceremonial boxes of the electoral college votes.

I agree with what you said. I am very sad such an event could occur in our country.

Extremely pissed off

I feel the same way, except I didn’t make any date bars. I watched the news for 3 hours or so then turned everything off for the night. I had enough negative energy.

Those who attacked the USA should be cast into prison.

You hit the nail on the head with your post. That day was a dark day in our history for sure. It wasn't for the dummies that voted the dumb fucker in the first place. None of this wouldn't have happened.

@freedom41

Thank you. Well said.

Numb, but unsurprised somehow.

Not good

Anger and disbelief as the live view of this traitorous behavior were on my television screen. 🤬

I studied American politics and American civil rights 1945-2020 in 2019/20. Part of me exalted with joy that I had predicted this accurately together with Trump refusing to admit defeat, although I did assess incorrectly that his defeat would be by a greater margin.
Then the horror of what was unfolding quickly came to light. These are real people, real lives and everything that goes with that, even wearing a Bison's head as a hat!
I saw Trump on the BBC firing up his gullible minions to 'fight'. A pretty clear message to go to war with the system he claims is broken and corrupt. Then they move in to stifle the vote count.
Now after the cost in human life and America's prestige in the world can begin to be assessed, Trump sort of climbs down.
Trump has stated he will leave the White House, but hand over to the winner. Assuming he departs, he may yet leave a human minefield in the way of Biden's peaceful taking up residence there.
I, like everyone else dosen't like being wrong, but I don't like being right. I wish I'd been wrong and my lecturer right. Now I hope my last little bit is incorrect.

I expected violence and destruction of property, but I never expected to see those yahoos waltz into the capital building like a conquering horde.

I felt sheer anger.

It's very disheartening must be fixed

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567146
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.