Agnostic.com

25 7

Do you remember your first favorite song?

"King of the Road" was a popular radio song in the early 70s. My bio father used to take me on long walks. I was only around 7 or 8. We walked everywhere and sang this song.

What was your first favorite song?

ScienceBiker 8 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bunch of young 'uns here ..lol. Louis Prima and Keely Smith, "Old Black Magic".

Good grief it was so long ago but I feel pretty confident in saying it would have been a Beatles song.

When I was three, I knew all the words and had dance moves to Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry." We had it on an eight-track tape. That and Neil Diamond's "I Am the Lion" on vinyl. That one... When I sing parts of it to people, they consistently tell me it couldn't have been a real song. I'm not gonna post it here, but you can look it up if you're curious.

Hah! I haven't listened to it in years! It's ridiculous, no?

I Feel Love. The moment I heard that song I would love it forever.

Bay City Rollers "Saturday Night" (I was 5 years old)

Welcome to the hotel california by eagles

Rosh Level 7 Apr 13, 2018

Big Bad John

My dad hung around the waffle house a lot when I was little. Always loved it when this song was on the jukebox.

Darling be home soon.
Watch "John Sebastian - Darling be home soon (Woodstock 1969)" on YouTube

I hate to admit it but when I was like 10 years old I was a toms jones fan yes u heard me toms jones ,and my favorite song at the time was whats new pussycat ,pussy cat pussy cat I love you lol

When the weather is fine . Mungo jerry

This is a great sing a long song; even though he mispronounced Bangor.

Frankie Laine, Rawhide. Or, maybe Cool Water.

Okay I'm open to ridicule but it was "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies. Hopefully the copy of "I Had To Much To Dream Last Night" by the Electric Prunes at the same time buys me some redemption.

What a really good question. It was probably this 🙂

" Words don't come easy" ?

At about 8 I was a real fan of West Side Story, this was my fave. Takes a minute to get into the song.

We had a player piano and this was the only song we had for it. Love it and know it well! Great memories.
Another great memory was my mom playing The Ship Titanic on her Banjo Uke.

Might have been this, unsure though

Maybe 5 or 6. A female R&B group late 50's, song in the radio, never learned title or name of group but I may hear it every 15-20 years and I will recognize and remember the first song stuck in my head.

Old man...old song : Chuck Berry, Johnny B. Goode !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.