Agnostic.com

10 10

Is it just me, or did a large majority of the insurrectionists have lots of facial hair? Is it some kind of I.D. amongst them?

AnneWimsey 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Makes them feel more "Rebelly"..

They have many insecurities that they want you to over look

I used to date a guy that I’m sure is part of this crowd of insurrectionists these days. (It didn’t last long.)

These guys pride themselves on their manly beards ... the longer, the more manly. I’d actually gotten him to trim to a goatee for me (I hate beards), but, alas, we were much too different to work. Thank goodness.

@Gwendolyn2018 Yes. It’s a certain type of person. 🙄

Just imitating their hero’s, the ISIS and Taliban.

One Antifa infiltrator also wore bison horns on his head @ Black Lives Matter events and this protest of illegal ELECTORs from 5 states like Pennsylvania where 123 thousand ballots for the BidenS crime families exceeded the total number of real Pennsylvania voters voting in all other races

Source: PA SECRETARY of STATE website report on the November PA election tabulations.... all you deluded blueBOTs cannot pretend to be innocent of treason giving aid & comfort to China Joe Biden crime families

WWW.HOWIEHAWKINS.US is our honest Atheist candidate for PRESIDENT and refiled their Presidential Matching Funds to the 2024 election

Ummm, the guy with horns is a white supremacist & is now in FBI custody. "Antifa" stands for Anti -Fascist and isn't a "thing"...no meetings,no leaders, no Newsletter, just regular people.
Your brains (and spelling, and coherence) are Severely deteriorating due to listening to those radio shows full of lies!

@AnneWimsey you just confirmed my facts from ABC live radio and tv .. the guy with horns is an agent provacateur and is finally prevented from his next insane event .... YOUR LIES cannot over shadow the facts and I belong to Antifa we oppose the fascist zionism of Pelosi McConnell TrumpOLINI Schumer BidenS crime families

@AnneWimsey perhaps if you took some gingko vitamins your brainwashing by fake news could abate then help you join us truth telling Atheists like WWW.HOWIEHAWKINS.US 2024

Who knows ZZ top fans

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 10, 2021

I have a big "philosopher's beard," and I haven't seen any of those guys at the meetings.

@Gwendolyn2018 Nothing but sophists, every one of them!

@Gwendolyn2018 Oh? Then where's your beard? 😛😅

@Gwendolyn2018 PS — I think we may be using different meanings of the word. I'm using the more critical meaning Plato used to distinguish between true lovers of wisdom and those who were less dedicated to the truth.

@Gwendolyn2018 I disagree with Plato about absolute truth. I find his concepts about ideals/forms to be false, bordering on silly, and I think he used the notion of these forms to prop up his belief that there must be an ideal, absolute truth (and, in some way, arguing that said truth is God). I do acknowledge that the universe is as it is, whether we understand it or not. I think you and I are in full agreement here.

When it comes to values, I think we're also in agreement. I don't like to use "truth" in that context just because I think it muddies the waters when distinguishing between the more concrete facts and other, more nebulous concepts like personal values and ethics. There's a subjective quality to these things, because the very nature of why we value one principle over another or what framework we live by is tied to who we are — individually, biologically, culturally, and so on.

I think when Plato referred to the sophists, he derided them as intellectually dishonest for self-motivated interests. I always likened it to how we have politicians, who simply work within a political system for the sake of governance, but some people consider it to be admirable not to be a politician, connoting politicians as working more for themselves than for the public good. Plato clearly had friction with the sophists, so his critique is biased and isn't necessarily valid — but the way he framed sophistry was in a negative light, suggesting that there were those who loved knowledge (the philosophers) and those who perverted knowledge for self-gain (the sophists). From what I recall (and it's been many years since I studied this in any detail), he felt that sophists were those who used the language of philosophy without possessing the genuine intent, using rhetoric to deceive.

I'm not saying I agree with him. While I think Plato was instrumental in shaping western philosophy as we know it, there's no doubt that he had a political agenda and that his wasn't the only voice of the era that contributed to the field. My comment above was tongue in cheek rather than a serious assault on sophists.

Yes, yes it is. It shows their awesome manliness. Or manly awesomeness. Something like that.

Are you not swooning?

Haven't ever swooned, methinks...do you recommend it?

@AnneWimsey actually, no, I do not recommend it. It's much harder to keep your eyes on the SOBs, when mid-swoon.

@AmyTheBruce Tip Of The Week, for sure.......

Rank laziness. Lazy thinking and personal hygiene is too much work. Same for going to the dentist. They can afford it.

But scared it might hurt......

And small hands.

And big trucks

@Pralina1 They've gotta compensate somehow!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.