Agnostic.com

8 8

LINK Colin Powell says he no longer considers himself a Republican - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN) Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Sunday he is no longer a Republican following the deadly insurrection at the US Capitol incited by President Donald Trump and criticized the party for supporting his behavior.

"They did, and that's why I can no longer call myself a fellow Republican. I'm not a fellow of anything right now. I'm just a citizen who has voted Republican, voted Democrat throughout my entire career. And right now I'm just watching my country and not concerned with parties," he told CNN's Fareed Zakaria on "GPS."

HippieChick58 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Took him long enough.....

He always had a conscience

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 12, 2021

I guess he only believes it's appropriate to throw America under the bus in a dignified way like he did during the Iraq war.

More and more honorable Republicans are deserting what has become a corrupt cause.

Not a fellow anything, not a Democrat either.

It is funny he is talking about lying after he lied to the whole world at the UN about the Iraq war. Thousands of people died. A holier than thou jerk.

Good, but he still enabled war criminals Cheney bush and rumsfeld..
Can't forgive or forget that. Sorry

If it took this long he is definitely not the swiftest lock in the box.

Why was he ever one? Because GW Bush sweet talked him into joining his appalling Administration, then used him to start an illegal aggressive war in Iraq, and then left him out to dry, reputationally impaired ever since. So, NOW he's no longer Republican? Jeez!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.