Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Stop Calling For Unity; I'm Not "Coming Together" With Domestic Terrorists

From the article...

Mekishana Pierre
Fri, January 8, 2021, 9:36 AM PST·9 min read
Damage is seen inside the US Capitol building early on January 7, 2021 in Washington, DC, after supporters of US President Donald Trump breeched security and entered the building during a session of Congress. - Donald Trump's supporters stormed a session of Congress held today, January 6, to certify Joe Biden's election win, triggering unprecedented chaos and violence at the heart of American democracy and accusations the president was attempting a coup. (Photo by Olivier DOULIERY / AFP) (Photo by OLIVIER DOULIERY/AFP via Getty Images)
Damage is seen inside the US Capitol building early on January 7, 2021 in Washington, DC, after supporters of US President Donald Trump breeched security and entered the building during a session of Congress. - Donald Trump's supporters stormed a session of Congress held today, January 6, to certify Joe Biden's election win, triggering unprecedented chaos and violence at the heart of American democracy and accusations the president was attempting a coup. (Photo by Olivier DOULIERY / AFP) (Photo by OLIVIER DOULIERY/AFP via Getty Images)

Image Source: Getty / Olivier Douliery

When my sister and I were younger, we were at each other's throats like opposite sides of a stan war. It was never physical because we both knew that going so far would invite the wrath of our small yet vicious Haitian-born mom, but we threw verbal jabs at one another like we wanted them to cut into flesh and render each other bloody. After every screaming match, my mother would tell us that we were sisters, and because of that unchangeable bond, we had to get over our differences and unite against outside forces that would happily harm us. Eventually, we'd patch each other up, let go of our qualms, and bond over our mutual hatred of Lucas and Peyton's relationship on One Tree Hill.

I offer this cutesy retelling of my sister's semitraumatic bullying during our adolescence because that's an example of a relationship where it makes sense to work through differences and make amends. Other examples would be your roommate who keeps leaving their towel on the bathroom floor, your coworker who forgets to return your pens, or your neighbor who plays their Spotify Daily Mix a little too loudly in the mornings. One relationship that is decidedly not on this list is the one between you and the far-right extremist who believes so fervently in the mockery of a man who promised to make their bigoted dreams come true that they besieged the US Capitol on Jan. 6.

snytiger6 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The true Trumpsters will have no regrets and no interest in “mending fences.” They will spend the next four years, unless they are put down like their counterparts after the Oklahoma bombing, committing acts of violence and sabotage. They have absolutely no interest in the democratic system as defined by the Constitution. And they had more than four years of almost unhinged power with Trump and Moscow Mitch, but then went a step too far even for Mitch by threatening “his home!”

It's time for these MAGA types to fully understand just how much they're despised by the Nation they would overrun.

So many great quotable messages here.

The insurgents who invaded the Capitol with no fear for their lives didn't do so because they were worried about the economy or about the state of the world, they did so because of a threat to their power.

Why isn't the message to change directed at the people who keep voting for white supremacy, transphobia, homophobia, xenophobia, climate change denial, and misogyny?

When the far right loses an election, they don't actually lose anything. When the left loses or "gives in" a little, it's at the cost of our healthcare, our wages, our education, and our actual lives.

Well Said!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.