Agnostic.com

10 9

LINK Striking Photos Show Hundreds Of National Guard Troops Sleeping Inside U.S. Capitol | HuffPost

Wow. Never did I imagine I'd see this, or anything similar to this, in my lifetime, on American soil, let alone INSIDE the US Capitol building.

#smh

SeaGreenEyez 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Blame Pelosi not TrumpOLINI for this rabid escalation in fascist USA history Colonel Eisenhower did it to ARMY PENSION DEMANDS 1919 ESPECIALLY Black soldiers in uniform camped out in WDC without jobs north&south

Been there. I can still remember sleeping in lots of odd places (like sitting on top of a washing machine) while waiting for formation while in the military. I also remember walking through the lobby of my downtown Seattle building while lots of cops were waiting for the 'Battle of Seattle' to begin. I literally had to step over cops legs as they were sprawled over the carpeting on the passageway.

Maybe the plan was not to wake them up.

. . . would that it wasn't called-for, but government employees on government property -- I don't see a big complaint.

Thanks!!

2021 in "The Land of the Free"
The United States military, occupying the seat of the United states Government, to protect it from the people of the United States.

Trump has achieved what he always wanted
A legacy that will never be forgot

Jesus Fucking Christ this is so distopian!

Makes me cry.

WDC is owned by million dollar lobbyists and billionaire Pentagon stockholders NOT SCHOOL. GIRLS touring the monuments and Smithsonian

They are not disrespectful but guarding the capital and legislation . They are not going to let rioters in or legislators come to harm, faster reaction there without assembling outside . It's a fire base

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 13, 2021

@SeaGreenEyez Agree

These people have never been in the military.

@MerlinZap Yes they are went through basic training and advanced training some are MP's

@bobwjr I was replying to you, not talking about you, Wake up soldier.

@SeaGreenEyez I am a Vietnam Veteran. The comment I made was directed at the tangled spaghetti of commenters who don't seem to understand what exactly the situation was and what exactly "Insurrection" is. Bob said the National guard was not disrespecting the capital, they are not. They are on BVOUAC. When on duty outside your encampment you grab shut-eye where ever you can. Be it on a marble floor or in a mud puddle. I was trying to keep this as simple as possible, but the understanding of military maneuver is so small that I see that could be a problem. I told BOB I wasn't talking about him but to him. Is that clear as mud now?

That's crazy. Those guys can sleep anywhere. This is no joke.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.