Agnostic.com

7 9

SF man who can't remember Bitcoin password says he's 'made peace' with $220M loss

[abc7news.com]

StarvingArtist 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would go insane . 🙂

What’s $220 mil when you’re having fun! Bitcoin, like the stock market, is a gamble to start with. As with any other form of gambling, loss is part of the game. If I lost the PIN to a $5 gift card, I’d be tearing the house apart trying to find the paper I wrote it on. But that’s just me.

Write the damn password on the bottom of your bowling trophy or ice cube tray in freezer any unusual place to protect 220 million so called bitcoin dollars .... if I got all that "money" selling dope there is real karma. CHEECH&CHONG

Hmmmm. I use a service to assign and remember most if my passwords. I don't even know them myself. I should definitely back-up those passwords some place in case that service ever becomes unavailable.

When I joined the Navy in 1976 I had a huge comic book collection that was a storage hog.
Two years in I gave in and told my parents they were quite valuable and that my younger brother could have them.
I expected him to make significant money, he sold them all at once to a comic store for $50.
I had an inventory and a price book.
If you take your time you can get so much more.
The book said it was worth $135,000 in 1978.
Not that you get full price, but $50!

Write it down dummy

There have been more stories like this one. There was a dead man with $119 million in Bitcoins which could not be retrieved. I did not lose in multi millions but I have made peace with huge losses in 2000 and 2008.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:569025
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.