Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK Letters From An American 01/19/2020

On January 20, 2017, Trump took the oath of office and gave his “American Carnage” speech describing America as a hellscape, and we were off to the races.

Trump vowed he would smash norms and boundaries to “drain the swamp.” He filled positions in his administration with political operatives and appointed his son-in-law Jared Kushner to manage so many projects it would have been funny if it weren’t so deadly serious. The policies the administration advanced were usually hastily and poorly conceived; when the courts overturned them, Trump complained of “the Deep State.”

Days after he took office, he issued the travel ban aimed at Muslims, the first in a series of actions throughout his presidency designed to subordinate people of color to white Americans. The racism in his rhetoric and regulations pulled white supremacists behind him. On August 11-12, 2017, they rioted in Charlottesville, Virginia. Their protest of the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee became an attempt to create a political vanguard.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yea well the stupid orange SOB is now gone.
He's already in the air at long last.
2 hours 25 mins and he'll have no power other than confusion and lies.
Now we can rename all those bases and tear down terrorist and traitorous statues to Americas domestic enemies.

Well, that vanguard was formed and will be active for the foreseeable future..we witnessed it in action 3 weeks ago today..expect to see it again.

A lot of government is complaint driven, so I will continue to call my reps and demand better. Seems easier since they are currently all Dems but the thing is even if they were GOP I would still call and let them I object to their policies. Still, sigh, what a fucking mess.

Yes, tRump is the worst president since reconstruction.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.