Agnostic.com

14 10

Well, it's looks like our son has the damn virus. He got tested yesterday a.m. but won't get results until Thursday. He's very ill with fever etc., & he lives alone. Not great!

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Results came back early.....son is NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Fever is also down, so whatever it is seems to be on the mend!!!

WHEW!!!

Thank you all very much.

YIPPEE!

Oh..Iā€™m so glad!

@Marionville Still sick, but at least it's not ''that'' !!!!! So frightening for him, but now he at least knows.

He needs to be especially careful now. His immune system is weaker making him more susceptible.

What a relief! I hope now his fever's down that he'll recover quickly. It's wonderful to hear good news. šŸ˜Š

@Lauren Yes, it sure is!

@Lauren, @glennlab He's an excellent cook, good housekeeper, & looks after himself very well, so I'm sure he'll do the same for this.

Congrats

@bobwjr Very relieved.

Fuck the covid deniers we all suffer because of them seniors and children especially

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 27, 2021

Please see above.

Oh...Iā€™m so sorry to hear that Patricia...it was what you feared most. I hope he doesnā€™t become too ill, and recovers quickly.

Please see above.

So very sorry

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks, we'll know more when he gets his results.

@Lilac-JadeCanada There are treatments becoming available that can helpw

@bobwjr Please see above.

So sorry, I had it last year. check up on him but keep it brief. here's to a quick recovery.

We're messaging often. We don't live in the same towns.

Please see above.

Sorry it happened to your family.
I hope he has the necessary care and recovers soon.

Thanks, us too.

Please see above.

very sorry to hear it, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

Please see above.

I'm so sorry. My daughter is recovering from it and even though she lives closer than your son (half an hour), the "no contact" restrictions made it torturous when all I wanted to do was go care for her. I had horrible nightmares the first two nights, but eventually I just clung to the mantra that the vast majority of people recover ... and I hope that thought helps you, too. Wishing you all the best.

Two thoughts: love them or hate them, Amazon was amazing with quick delivery of things right to the doorstep whether an oximeter or groceries. The other is about staying hydrated. My doctor recommended unsweetened coconut milk as an alternative to Gatorade because it has less sodium, and it was much more palatable.

Thanks, his attitude is good.

Amazon is great, I do a lot of shopping for non perishables with them, & he likes them too. His city is larger than ours, so he has more options.

Please see above.

That sucks. I hope he recovers real soon

Thanks, us too.

Please see above.

Does he have a way to check his oxygen levels? You can get one at any pharmacy these days. I would strongly recommend it if he can. We're sending people home with oxygen monitors at my hospital. People don't often feel a drop in oxygen until it becomes difficult to breathe, but dropping levels is an indicator of decreasing lung function and is something he'd be wise to be aware of early if it develops. Hope he recovers quickly and is able to do so at home. ā¤

I have 2 of them here & was going to give him one on his next visit, which got kyboshed in Dec. due to travel restrictions. When we message tonight, I'll tell him to try to get one. At least he got himself a thermometer to watch his temp.

Please see above.

I'm so sorry! I'll send him all the energy I can muster, and does he have Vitamin D3? Here's hoping he gets through with it soon!

Thank you, & I'll have to ask him.

Please see above.

Oh, HELL! I'm so sorry! Sorry for him and sorry for you, too...knowing you'll worry. Hoping for the best. Are there food delivery services in his community? Seems as if fluids are more important than anything else. Again...hoping for the best..for all of you!

Thank you. He's in a larger city than ours, so he can get food, but I really wish I could be leaving home made food [soups] on his porch! Yes, we're worried.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Of COURSE you are! Can you Facetime him? Try to maintain a positive mind-set, ok?

@LucyLoohoo His attitude is all good, & we're in touch almost daily since he's alone, & only goes to work. He has his kitties for company, & stopped all socializing nearly a year ago. I am worried, but it's not taking over.

@LucyLoohoo Please see above.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Companionship's good...even if it's only online or phone, etc. I'm glad you're hanging in, MOM!

@LucyLoohoo Thanks, online is great for me. As a person who doesn't like to talk much, I'm not on the phone unless I have to be.
Whatever he has, we're so glad it's not that dangerous thing!

@Lilac-JadeCanada Me, too! Me, too!

I'm sorry hon.
Are you near enough to drop off food for him? That could be helpful right now. (You know on the porch ring the bell and leave).

No, totally different city, 3 hours north, & we don't drive.

I just saw where you aren't near him - could you look for a delivery service near him? Maybe order up some soup that way?
That way he won't have to search for something to eat.
I'm thinking his local grocery store might have delivery and might do that. (Our grocery makes soups daily).

What a bugger - but it's the way most of us have experienced this. My niece had it and one of her two young sons. Not a thing any of us could do but wait.

It's a horrible feeling. I'm sorry. ā¤

@RavenCT He has more access to food delivery in his city than we do here, so I'm sure he'll find what he needs, but I just feel helpless. Yes, it is a horrible feeling. My daughter & her kids are surrounded by it as well as it being in their schools, so that's a worry too.

@RavenCT Please see above.

Please accept my most sincerest hopes and Best wishes to one and all.

Thank you. He lives in a different town, so I can't even try to help with cooking, & leaving it at the door. He's 45, so hopefully he can beat it.

Please see above.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Wonderful news as seen above, truly wonderful news.

@Triphid Yes, it sure is. I'm sure he'll recover from whatever it is better now he knows what it's not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.