Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK 49% of Protestant Pastors Have Heard Conspiracy Theories in Their Church | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

(That number seems a bit low to me)

A rather unsurprising study of Protestant pastors revealed that many of them have heard conspiracy theories among members of their churches.

That’s according to a new study from LifeWay Research, an arm of the Southern Baptist Convention.

snytiger6 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mmm oh I just wonder where they heard them from....

You mean that story going around that a mentally unstable, occasionally violent, unsuccessful carpenter/petty criminal was really a god in disguise who was plotted against by nefarious evildoers among the leadership of his own people as well as the legal authorities?

Now WHY am I not surprised?
After all they been subjected to the Biggest Conspiracy of ALL times, i.e. the same Conspiracy that allows them to be 'fleeced' by the Purveyors of that self-same conspiracy, aka, the Pastors, Priests, Ministers, etc, etc.
So, by that static does it mean that 51% have actually realized that they've been conned for years then?

Definitely low for Southern Baptist

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 27, 2021

And some of the religious morons will believe and act on them. Which makes me glad I'm an Atheist.

Just as you can lead a horse to water BUT can't make it drink, you can lead a Faithfool to reason but can't get it to THINK.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572331
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.