Agnostic.com

3 6

A New Lens Technology Is Primed to Jump-Start Phone Cameras

The optics in your smartphone have been pretty much the same for more than a decade. That’s about to change.

[wired.com]

FearlessFly 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Fresnel lens meets nano tech! As well as phone cameras, this has applications in many fields. How about a flexible film in eye cataract surgery instead of the rigid lenses?

I recently ordered an add on lens for my phone that will transform the camera into a 100x-800x microscope. It is about the size of a 10 cent or 1 shilling coin.
It cost me about $50 US.

Cheaper to use the coin, eh? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

@Petter I don't know because I will not receive it for a few months or know if it may result in award winning / saleable photographs.

Are they going to upgrade my 10 year old phone? No? I bet they expect me to go out and buy their new $1200 phone. I don't think so..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574278
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.