Agnostic.com

7 9

LINK AR Lawmakers Pass Bill Forcing Women to Call “Pro-Life” Hotline Before Abortion | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In case you’re wondering what Republicans do when they have total control of a state legislature and no actual desire to make anyone’s lives better, just look to Arkansas. The State Senate just passed a bill, HB 1195, which would force women seeking an abortion to call a hotline and speak with someone whose only goal is to talk them out of the abortion.

snytiger6 9 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So ring them.
Hi forced birthing association how can I help you?

I have to ring you which I have done, I am getting an abortion and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
I just wanted you to know that your approach to women's health is one that causes more and more women to fall pregnant and need abortions. So you are in fact the one responsible for the abortion I am going to be having. I hope you sleep well at night. Goodbye

hang up.

You have rung you have spoken so now go and do what you want to do.

They’ll just winding up creating more of the “Takers” that they hate.

A clause in the bill:

"An individual who offers Life Choices Lifeline Program services shall not refer a woman to an abortion provider, recommend abortion, or take any other action that directly or indirectly advises a woman to obtain or assists a woman in obtaining an abortion."

Yet the clients are women who are seeking an abortion.

"Hello. I have an abortion planned two days from now" ...
"I am sorry to hear that. You know the sanctity of life?" ...
"Sanctity? What strange word is that?" ...
"It is to do with Godliness." ...
"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I am the one having the abortion, and I am male."

Keep your useless Eucharist out of the Uterus, keep your Rosaries away from womens Ovaries, keep religious discourse out of Sexual Intercourse.

Ah yes, another asshole religious man comes up with more bullshit for women to deal with. Hopefully this so called Bill will go nowhere since this dickhead didn’t think about the funding needed for his bullshit Bill!

Yup. Sounds like Arkansas

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.