Agnostic.com

6 11

LINK These Billboards Call Out Christian Nationalist Bills Filed by Iowa Lawmakers | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In response to a slew of Christian Nationalist bills making their way through the legislature, the Iowa Atheists and Freethinkers have put up three digital billboards around Des Moines hoping to draw attention to the problem:

snytiger6 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This would be great for a billboard......

It is their way of discriminating against Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and Dreamtimers. (Yes, that last one really exists. Ask any indigenous Australian.)

If the billboards are not enough what else can they do?

I do not blame the Iowa Atheists and Freethinkers for not doing enough. Other groups and individuals need to step up.

The billboards are great, but probably ineffective.
Religutards revel in their persecution complex. They use it to force their beliefs on everyone else.

Glad to see the billboards, but they are not enough.

Quote:
"House File 170 would allow Christian business owners to discriminate against LGBTQ people. Senate File 159 would send taxpayer dollars to private Christian schools at the expense of public secular ones. House File 272 would eliminate gender identity as a protected class under the state’s civil rights laws.
Given the one-party control of the legislature, there’s a good chance these bills will become law."

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm a lifelong Iowan. These Repub retards are rapidly turning my state into North Mississippi, which is what many liberals here already call the state.

@TomMcGiverin You can be proud to be opposing them. It's not only Iowa. Republicans have a gerrymandered stranglehold on the Wisconsin House and Senate too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.