Agnostic.com

26 78

Went out tonight to pick up takeout. An older couple entering before us had no masks on. I took note and promptly forgot about them. I don’t give my mental energy or time to selfish people.

After waiting a bit in my own happy world, I realized the people in front of us were taking a long time to order. It was the maskless couple. 🙄 About 5 employees were focused on them ... they were arguing about being asked to leave or to wear a mask to be served.

These workers are KIDS. They’re making somewhere around minimum wage. And they’re being abused by this couple. We’re a year into this thing ... everyone knows the drill by now. These two were just being bullies. To KIDS. 🤬

I snapped. I would like to say I responded maturely, but I was pissed. I went up to the register and told them to get out ... no one wants them here ... that these employees have to deal with people like them all day long and just go. A few cuss words escaped. I may have nudged the woman a teensy bit. 🤫

They told me I needed to educate myself on how harmful masks were. I told them to take their QAnon beliefs and get out. The wife then “rebuked” me “in Jesus’ name,” followed by the husband also rebuking me in said name. (I literally laughed out loud.) 😄 After claims of medical exception (but being unable to provide proof), they finally left. 👋

Then one of the employees tried to comp my dinner with HIS OWN MONEY! He couldn’t thank me enough for taking up for them. I was embarrassed that I didn’t handle my tongue more maturely, but I NEEDED to speak up for these young people just trying to do their job.

Don’t wear a mask. I don’t GAF. But then don’t expect others to make an exception for you and let you into a private establishment. And don’t you DARE be a bully. Next time I’ll have some words prepared.

Rant done. ✌️

Apunzelle 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The opening to my next stand-up routine;

I was in the supermarket today and this maskless woman comes in. So I said, "Excuse me lady but for the sake of us fellow customers and the staff can you please wear a mask?"
She replied, "COVID is not real so why should I wear a mask, dickhead?"
"Because you're fucking ugly"
At which point the manager intervened and although he greatly sympathised with my position he did say "Don't you think that remark was verging on the offensive?"
To which I pointed out that the only virgin on the offensive I can see is that maskless woman coming towards us.

That is effing ugly!
45 and still a virgin.

Bet there aren't many nuns that age who are still virgin.

@FrayedBear My dad (a fellow atheist) one time pointed out the corner of an intersection known locally as "Three Banks". The middle one was the location for initiate nuns to be picked up. In the 1930s once a month the coach would pull up and several young girls would be saying goodbye to their parents most probably for the last time. The repeat of this tragic scene must have stayed in dads memory all his life.

👏 Bravo! You acted honorable! Those kids will never forget you.

That was awesome! I was in a supermarket in Philly where a guy was removed bodily. That made me laugh out loud. You did great. You stood up for those kids. The law is this: If you're asked to leave an establishment, whether it's fair or not, you must leave or you can be arrested for trespass. You can sue if you like but you must leave at the time. That's the law in Pennsylvania anyway

No mask no service is the motto here

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 13, 2021

@Gwendolyn2018 Here they do, mandated by the governor since spring, state troopers reinforce when needed

@Gwendolyn2018 They enforce the law but respectfully, usually enough that they can do that

Just plain love you for this!

Lol. 😄

What’s funny is this IS NOT LIKE ME! I just snapped. I’m just over these selfish, entitled people’s BS. I guess we all have our breaking point.

WAY TO GO!!!!!

well done and thank you. world would be a better place if more people would speak up and call it BS

That's how morons should be dealt with. Kudos!

1000% you are my hero today. Dumb humans suck

Good for you !
I'm sick of those people.

In response to "I'm exempt" the reply is "yes so am I but unlike you I'm not a selfish bastard spreading the disease to innocent strangers. Please keep your 2 metres or else I'll have you charged with assault."

I retired from retail 2 weeks ago one of the reasons was that i hate playing dodge ti maskless idiot. we are not allowed to stop customers and ask them to wear a mask up untill a few weeks ago even the security gaurds where not allowed to ask. Any one it seems can get an exemption and have a lanyard around there necks. This is not just customers but some staff members as well. One complained she found it uncomfortable my comment so is being in intensive care while you die was seen as undiplomatic. Another reason was i have asthma so at break time the same person was outside having a smoke. The company asked the security guards to ask people to wear a mask if they where exempt they asked them to put a sticker on their coat so they would not get asked again. one women said i feel like a jew having to wear a yellow star in a camp. Young lad didnt really understand what she ment.I enlightened him.

Thank you 💗

Good on you for sticking up for them. I hate people like this. I think the odd swear word was probably warranted.

If everyone would have worn masks from the start, we may not have needed severe lock downs!

I'm at wal-mart right now and I see all kinds of selfish jerks

Mask it. Or casket!

Bravo! You did well. I can understand not wanting to stress over it, but sometimes we all can't help it.

Good onya!
Only today I was in an opportunity shop & two guys, one volunteer manager on the wrong side of 60 the other a corpulent belly bursting from under his tshirt & hanging over his trousers 4 day unshaven 50yo announced as the "Mr Radio Shack" (presumably a local radio station) both wearing their masks underneath their chins. Condition of entry "Masks must be worn covering face". I asked if they both had broken jaws needing splinting & so strapped up with their chin slings. Fatty looked like he wanted to take a poke at me, volunteer couldn't understand me but the woman volunteer cashier not only had a sense of humour & understood but also a desire not to see a fight break out. She suggested taking my money instead of having me suffer more from waiting for these two working out what should be said on the radio shack. So $6 saw me in possession of a nice heavy French made induction cooker fry pan & a small lidded SS. sauce pan.

Good for you my friend

Well done!!

Hugs , Hon !

I work around people doing and saying the same things. Management says they can't force anyone to wear a mask. So my health is at risk because of ppl like that. F'n religious people are the dumbest S.O.B. out there.

I love the piece as much as the picture. It was spot on. I carry my walking stick everyplace, when people get close I stick to them a bit. One ass was put off, in s store I frequent (where 3 employees died from covid), I said 6 feet, he started a Trump Hole mask rant I assured him as a NYC resident for most of my life Trump is a schmuck, a bully and a bigot and believe what you like but 6 feet and a mask is not a big ask. Store managers descended, he backed up, he shut up, mostly. later on I went back and requested they eject people AT THE DOOR. He said he did that on heavy days but else, they do walk the floors and throw out people. And if you kid doesn't wear one you both go. If you kid is too small for the mask, "Don't Come Back Now ...hear"

Sadly I can't seem to copy the image properly it is awesome like what you did.

Try doing a screen shot, then crop out the stuff you don’t need. I love that image. ❤️

Also, if you have an iPhone, you can press and hold on the image. It should pop up some options, one of which is to save the photo.

I stopped laughing to realize there was a rant with it. Gotta go back, I am copying the picture and passing it on, it is PERFECTION.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575818
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.