Agnostic.com

3 2

Where the polarity is between reality and nonreality,
Iโ€™m not a centrist.

skado 9 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's me but I lean to the left as a progressive. Meanwhile I avoid those who call me names and think I'm a Democrat. ๐Ÿ™‚

We've been conditioned to assume that there must always be two sides to a story. So much so that in the effort to ensure a 'fair and balanced' presentation, legitimacy has been afforded to those who seek to impose their own 'alternative facts' as if such a notion were even viable. In a universe of facts and alternative facts, what is reality?

Thatโ€™s it exactly.

I attempt to see reality by remembering that Iโ€™m observing the social behaviors of a dangerous aggressive species of great ape.
Although having the perceptions and brain biology of that species is an eternal obstacle, there are ways to achieve some measure of objectivity.

Beautifully stated.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.