Agnostic.com

5 0

Would they be poisonous?

Jolanta 9 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ive eaten the magic ones a few times and i can warn anybody else who does em, do not look into the mirror!

do magic ones grow near poisonous ones?

The psilocybin grow on cow pies in Florida. There are different types. Most do not grow by toxic ones as they have different growing mediums. And I enjoyed looking in the mirror. Warrior princess in armor ready to slay the hordes of Visigoths threatening the peace in my Queendom. But then I am not you.

@Mooolah interesting stuff thnx fer the knowledge on the subject o and hey

i looked up the word and im quite impressed ty

You cannot, should not, just look at the tops, many look similar but are in no way equally safe. The substrate they grow on & the look of the underside, the spores, etc etc are vital.
My books recommend not eating any mushroom unless you can confirm 3 points of identity with certainty!
Now, most poisonous mushrooms only give you more-or-less severe digestive upset. But a few dissolve your liver. Once ingested, there is no hope.

This looks like the shaggy inkcap. Coprinus comatus. Sometimes called Judges wig. They are commoin in England and look similar to your picture but Australian mushrooms may not be the same as ours. Does it have a pouch with young mushrooms in it? They are edible and quite tasty. They are called inkcaps because the spores are released in a very black ink after a few days. I have been told not to drink much alcohol if you are eating these because it can cause you to be sick. I have eaten them without drinking much and they are fine.

Checkout pictures of Coprinus comatus with google to make sure it is the same species.

I've just checked it's Coprinopsis atramentarius.that causes sickness when eaten with alcohol. It's similar and edible if you are not drinking at the same time.

They look like shaggy parasols, very bland raw but baked in a slow oven they get a dark, rich beefy flavor.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Only if you eat them. All mushrooms are poisonous to some degree.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.