Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK My summation of Impeachment verdict

In my view we are no longer a democracy as power can be seized through any means, including violence, and all rules are different (to use a popular word). u$a is now an official $hithole nation.

rainmanjr 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with your sentiment. Did you expect a different result? I actually think 7 Republican votes is a lot and made impeachment worth it. And no, I don't think America is a shithole country. It's bad enough I hear foreigners say this crap, I don't like to hear Americans say shit like that.

I believe all nations which seek to create more death and suffering are shithole nations. While I acknowledged the likelihood of acquittal I did hold out hope the case was strong enough on facts and presentation (especially against their stern lecturing) that they would convict. Oh well. A bit of good in a stinky pile of shit goes nowhere anyway.

I think that it is not a co-incidence that at least two of the world's top countries desperately need a new constitution soonest . UK definitely does. Get Thomas Paine back!

Jimmy Carter himself said several years ago that we are no longer a functioning democracy. It was true then because corporations had taken over the government and we had a plutocracy and kleptocracy. The insurrection and impeachment have simply ripped off the veil so the rot is easier to see.

Correct.

We are no more a $hithole nation than are the countries the Orange A$$hole claimed were. Not to say we don't have a lot of $hits here. We do. Former Prez. Twitler more than produced his share. But I prefer not to lump us all into one collective identity. I am no f**king flag-waving nationalist. We are, in fact, at the very least, deeply polarized.

While we are "no more" we are also no less a shithole nation than them. The sad aspect is that we constantly blow our own horn to say that we are not. Our preferences for lies, even onto great death as consequence, expose that reality. Iraq? A lie. COVID response? A lie. Insurrection concern? A myth which exposes the lie of Afghanistan War. We just don't care about the living.

@rainmanjr I agree completely. Nationalism is as self-deceiving as it is arrogant.

Wow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.