Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Proposed Alabama Bill Would Mandate Vasectomies as Men Reach Age 50 | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Last year, the Alabama Human Life Protection Act made Alabama’s abortion law one of the most restrictive in the country, with the procedure prohibited in nearly every imaginable circumstance. Although a federal court blocked the law from taking effect later in the year, abortion remains a touchy subject throughout the state.

Now a representative from Birmingham is pushing a bill she hopes will address the role of men in unplanned and unwanted pregnancies.

Earlier this week, Rep. Rolanda Hollis filed HB 238, a bill “related to family planning” that makes vasectomies mandatory.

(I don't think is a proper response to abortion laws. I do however think it might be just punishment for rapists... so rapes would not result in unwanted children)

snytiger6 9 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It might keep a lot of old geezers from dumping their wives and going out and knocking up women half their age. I say yes, make men the target of draconian law! Only fair.

Funny how Alabamians are pro life by being pro sterilization but what do you expect from fascist?
The notion of self determination is alien to reluctant ex slavers yet they’re convinced they understand so much better than anyone else what American democracy is all about.
This is part of why I fled Alabama and immigrated to the United States.
I hate third world societies that are third world by choice and hate of personal freedom.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576331
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.