Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Facebook pulled news in Australia. Here's why that matters everywhere - CNET

I say good. Maybe people will try getting news from sources other than Lord Zuckerberg. I have never been anywhere near Facebook, yet somehow I manage to stay informed. Indeed I manage to stay informed because in part I have always avoided Facebook.

David1955 8 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They didn't want to pay fascist from fox like Murdoch can understand that, I think Murdoch has too much influence in Australia

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 18, 2021

No argument there, but the Murdoch control is waning in the internet age, and while this dispute is about a conservative government looking to pad Murdoch's coffers, it also includes other media as well. Personally, all I care is that it helps shakes people away from reliance on Facebook and Google as well. People are lazy in their information gathering. It also is no bad thing if the bullying and monopolising of these tech companies is revealed and challenged.

That is wild. Don't completely understand it but could see how they wouldn't want to pay news organizations, if that's the issue.

In AU, "news" is all about Murdoch. 😛

Lucky Australians -- Why should Facebook pay to give a media company a customer?

Why should anyone get their (fake) 'news' from social media ?

So you just shared a news link. If the owner of this site had to pay CNET a royalty for you sharing that link and every other link, they'd be no agnostic.com

Rather bold statement. Are you in favour of techno bullying by 21th Century technology robber barrons? I believe in business regulation, good regulation, and the corporate and personal rich paying their way. The rest of us poor smucks have to.

@David1955 No I'm not in favor of techno bullying.

that's what I thought it meant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577120
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.