Agnostic.com

8 13

LINK Christian Ministry to Girls: Stop Loving Yourselves Because “You Aren’t Enough” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In another bizarrely misguided and potentially harmful post from “Girl Defined” sister Bethany Beal, young women are told to stop loving themselves so damn much.

The post is prompted by one of those self-affirmation videos in which a girl looks at herself in the mirror and says things like “I am amazing” or “I can do anything.” To most people, that’s a pleasant way to remind yourself how capable you are. Not everyone has a lot of self-confidence, after all, and if no one else is reminding you of your worth, then why not give yourself a little boost?

But rather than admit any of that, Beal says self-affirmation is a bad idea.

snytiger6 9 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you make and sell crutches, you’ll want to convince as many people as possible that they can’t walk on their own. (People with disabilities or injuries excluded, of course.)

Unbelievable

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 19, 2021

Why do we keep giving these idiots any press at all?

This is the exact type of thinking that destroys young women. They are nothing but a vessel waiting to be filled. Their bodies and minds are not their own.
And then their is that whole thing of "Purity Balls" where tiny girls about 10 pledge their bodies to Daddy until he approves the husband for them.
That is so fu_king damaging. Most girls raised in the chriistian mind fu_k cult marry their first serious boyfriend, especially if you had sex with him, because then you have to marry him or it is even a worse sin.
Marrying off 14 year old girls to the pedophile who raped them is in living memory and probably still occurring in some American places.

That’s Bethany and her sister ...
If I was looking like that , yeah , I ll need jesus too .
Ewww
Is very funny how they give advice of how to wear modest make up to gods liking too .
These faces have more make up I will to mention , than Diego boy has hair on his ass . And he is a hairy little chi . And is hideous make up too .
I am sure god wanted them to improve their blond hair color too , but I guess satan took care of that w cheap hairdresser or home box kit .
They are texas products . That should explain some , don’t u think .
The rest of us whores and no Jesus women , will continue to look FABULUS , sin daily , and , will make sure we teach every young girl we cross paths with that her sexuality is nobody’s business than hers .

And I am kinda getting upset now

He is just jealous because he is ugly.

Yet ANOTHER example of just how fucking toxic and inherently misogynistic religion is.
Bethany Beal can go fuck herself.
She is most definitely part of the problem.

Girls! You're only allowed to love Jeebus! And Trump!

Love Trump, but one marriage at a time.

@PadraicM You don't love that Orangutan? Do you?

@barjoe Trump is only into one kind of love with women (or so I think based on his statements). For good xtians, that happens in the context of marriage. We know he isn't opposed to marriage and divorce. So just have to set up a Vegas style wedding / love line so they can love him AND Jeebus Harold Christ the right way. And if it is in a church or chapel, one ca watch while the other gets the love.
Ok, that last bit was maybe a step to far, even for me.... but I'll let it stand.

@PadraicM Xtian Pastors don't believe most of the bullshit they sling. They are just com artists.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577177
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.