Agnostic.com

3 6

[news.yahoo.com]

This will make some happy, while pissing off others

twill 7 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This confirms what a horrible person she is. (Joking)

Just shows a little effort can make a difference

Why would anybody be pissed off? Do you think the people in need will turn down the money?

It pisses people off because people in need due to a natural disaster shouldn't have to rely on charity to get by. The government should be doing their job rather than survival being dependent on the generous donations of strangers who don't have much to give in the first place.

@RoboGraham Complain to AOC.

@RoboGraham That's cynical. Agreed the numb nuts they voted for should be out there. But helping other Americans when disasters hit is what I would hope our society would find positive.

@gigihein

Agreed. I'm glad she's doing what she can. But no one should have to rely on charity to solve a problem that ought be dealt with with public funding.

@RoboGraham I agree. when Hurricane Andrew hit S. Florida people from power and phone companies came from all over the country. It was a great experience for those in need. The phone cpmpanies have a volunteer organization called the Pioneers. I belonged because was in puppet troop. During Andrew we hosted families lost their houses in the storm. Lots of other groups joined in as they heard. It wasn't an organized effort through the Pioneers but more word of mouth. I lived in the keys and we were not hit. just without electric a few weeks. I don't think of it as charity but more being part of a community.

@gigihein

Yes, it's a beautiful thing when people donate their time and effort to help strangers. I wish we had more of that collectivist attitude in our society.

@RoboGraham me too

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.