Agnostic.com

6 20

LINK Atheists and believers have different moral compasses | Live Science

"It's a common question, including among fellow atheists, whether disbelievers even have a moral compass. A 2019 Pew Research Center poll found that 44% of Americans (compared with 26% of Canadians) think that a belief in God is needed to be moral."

What stereotypes have you most often encountered about Atheists?

AnonySchmoose 8 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This man initiated my non belief 60 years ago . Great collection of memes etc

The moral link is in their behavior
Christians are the highest per capita group in American prisions. About 90% at war are counties that are predominantly religious countries. Sounds more like hell on earth than a moral compass

The most important human right is thought. But why is it not in the constitution or non believers in top office.
Thank doG the word God is not in the American Constitution.

Very interesting link. If I'm reading it correctly, I get the sense that the average nonbeliever's moral compass tends to function at a higher stage of Lawrence Kohlberg's stages of moral development than the average believer's moral compass.

I have always been fascinated by Kohlberg's Stages Of Moral Development. It's obvious that the more one is a conformist, which correlates with religious beliefs most of the time, the lower they are on the Moral Development Stages.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

Bertrand luxuriously didn't get to the 11th: Never assume that the person you're currently talking to shares those same ideas. That's of small concern for one on one type relationships but when it gets to society level one must set rules. That means opposition and losers. Eventually you get a mess despite that respectful outlook. In fact, it becomes a liability.

I just treat people how I want to be treated.

So, if I want people to lie to me to feed my ego ..... I might be donald trump?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.