Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Letters From An American 02/28/2021

In the wee hours of Saturday morning, the House of Representatives passed the American Rescue Plan, the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill requested by the Biden administration. The vote was 219 to 212, with two Democrats—Jared Golden (D-ME) and Kurt Schrader (D-OR)—voting no. Not a single Republican voted for the bill.

The coronavirus relief bill illustrates a crisis in our democracy.

This measure is enormously popular. On Thursday, the day before the House took up the bill, a poll by Morning Consult/Politico showed that 76% of Americans liked the measure, including 60% of Republicans. It includes $1400 stimulus checks which, together with the $600 checks in the previous package, get us to the $2000 checks that former president Trump, a Republican, demanded.

It includes increased unemployment benefits of $400 weekly, provides $350 billion in aid to state and local governments, establishes tax credits for children, provides money to reopen schools, funds $8.5 billion to distribute vaccines, and gives small business relief.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Usually after reading Heather's Letter I am hopeful, not so much with this one. I feel we are on a razor's edge, even tho trump is legally out of power he still wields way too much control/influence.
I don't think mcconnell has a long enough spoon to dine with this devil.

The filibuster is a holdover from Jim Crow White supremacy to block civil rights legislation

We must put an end to the filibuster.
Otherwise we'll never have a decent minimum wage.
Otherwise, there will always be millions of American serfs.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579370
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.