Agnostic.com

12 10

[catholicsforchoice.org]

It is not Catholics, it is the church leaders who have reeked havoc on health and wellbeing of the world with their midguided dogma. Instead of promoting the use of condoms they eauated it to.the demise of a .oral society. When the AIDS epedemic ravsged areas of the world, where men, women and children were dying decades ago they spread their toxic message. Not to mention their decades of coverups of pedaohilia in the church by their priests and leaders.

gigihein 8 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agreed. my wording was poor. .Half of my family was catholic and didn't believe the dogma. It was more a culture rhan brlief.The cousinsi my age are non-religious like me.

I agree that contributing to the cause is contributing to the mayhem the Catholic church has caused in the world.The imaginary powers vested in them like others in power is far more influencing a.ong the sheep.p Trump was a good example when half the country believed the unbelievable and didnt wear mssks.

Oh, I think the catholics are just as much to blame as the church leaders.
They continue to allow themselves to be led by scumbags.
They haven't risen up against the pedophile priests, the corruption of the church hierarchy, and told them, "NO MORE".

They are just as culpable.
They're continuing to finance this bullshit.

What's more, they put money in the collection plates that both pays to defend the pedophiles and pay for sexual abuse insurance premiums.

@JeffMurray Exactly what I meant by how the flock finances them.

I don't disagree

@KKGator I just like to bring up the fact that they have sexual abuse insurance every chance I get because most people don't even know something like that exists and can't believe it after I tell them until they look it up. It's one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard of and everyone should be taking about it.

@JeffMurray Agreed. And just who do you think they've got paying those premiums?
🙄

@KKGator The Congregation Members mainly and EVERYONE else through the Tax Exemption Stauses as well.
Ergo, WE are paying for their Insurances against THEIR Criminal Acts of Abuse.

If you have leaders that are literally raping children, get caught for it and do nothing about it... your argument is invalid

I'm not inclined to dismiss all one billion Catholics as equally culpable for the Church's crimes. Kudos to Catholics For Choice (CFC) for being a voice of opposition to some of the worst policies. Politically, you win more when you can pull any willing factions to your side. If CFC supports contraceptives, abortion access, or Biden over Trump I'd gladly welcome them as allies.

Sorry to tell you this BUT,
In the Catholic Church the WORD of the Reigning Pope, the College of Cardinals, etc, etc, right down the line to the Parish Priest is LAW and the Church can DO NO wrong as it IS Canonic Law that it IS ALWAYS RIGHT.
And by logical Reasoning you CANNOT have Leaders without Followers who support their every Edict, Action, etc,etc, and,
by that same Logical Reasoning you CANNOT have Followers who will support their Leaders completely WITHOUT having the Leaders first.
Since its inception almost 2,000 years ago, Catholicism has wrought its Havoc and Imposed its COMPLETE CONTROL on everyone it possibly can, 99% of the time by FOUL means and RARELY by Fair means.
Practicing CATHOLICS MUST Support and Obey the Church or FACE Excommunication, they have NO choice, NONE at ALL.
Ergo, Practicing Catholics ARE just as Guilty as their Leader/s.

It IS Catholics. Without followers, there would be no leaders.

Faithfools described......

Sorry, had to laugh at the term "reeked." It is true, this religion does strongly stink! Like so many rotten things the smell only grows stronger with time.

Catholic leaders don't exist without Catholics. You can't blame one without the other.
Same thing with Trump supporters and Trump.

You said it!! Totally agree!!

Nailed it!!

You don't have "church Leaders" without church members following them blindly and advocating for and excusing what they say.
To try to say otherwise is to use the filthy old OLD excuse "I Vas Only Obeying Orders!"

If you don't agree with church policy stop giving them time and money and LEAVE the fucking church!

Some of these idiots would probably kill their own family members if the price is right.

@CuddyCruiser following the example of Abraham and Isaac no doubt?

Ah but thr Catholics allow their church leaders to get away with everything you said. They don't demand change. They don't lose their misguided faith. Which makes them complicit.

I have to disagree because the sheep choose to be followers........no one is holding guns to their heads to do anything. Where is personal responsibility these days?

The same thing with the Trumptards on Jan. 6. Knowing they can’t defend themselves caught right on camera in the act of their criminal activities. But they blame their own “God” Trumpelthinskin for “making them do it”.

more on what I mentioned above.

[salon.com]

Religion poisons everything, and kills people...😕

@Redheadedgammy And in part destroying families now........with the help of Trumpchump.

@altschmerz this rapist pope from Brazil just yesterday condemned gay marriage HOW is that earning a gangster your praise ??

@altschmerz agreed but UNDESERVED both living popes deserve prison for covering up serial rapist priests crimes

@altschmerz OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE is a felony by the thousands of priests globally millions of raped children and young seminarians choosing celibacy but learning to be raped

@altschmerz I know of several luthran baptist and mega fundie cult leaders leading double lives of preaching traditional marriage while having affairs molesting girls&boys and using street drugs that simulate speaking in tongues easiier....Jim Jones poisoned hundreds of people including dozens of his own children by many women... mormons have pedophile rapists marrying many girls off in the mountains and ranches

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579827
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.