Agnostic.com

28 6

How introverted/extroverted are you?

Do you get energized by socialization or by alone time?
Where do you fall on a scale of 1-10 (1- extreme introversion; 10- extreme extroversion)?

silvereyes 8 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've always been an introvert though in certain situations I can rise above that and be an extrovert. I'd much rather not be the center of stage most of the time. It really depends on the day as to where I would fall on a scale. I spend more time alone and prefer it that way.

SamL Level 7 Dec 1, 2017

Not that I'm aware of Buddha. It started as a nickname that social autists began using to identify themselves and relate to others on the spectrum when Asperger's was still the politically correct term. It's still widely used today

If I had it my way I would be around a 7. Unfortunately eye contact is still too hard and takes a lot more energy than it does for most. Combine that with the difficulty of touching others (handshakes, hugs, shoulder pats) and my inability to carry on with small talk especially if it's a group setting. Plus, I have to take time out everyday to stim, which for me means a lot of hand flapping and rocking. When it's all said and done I don't have the time and cognitive function to stay as social as I would like. Sorry about the run on, hope that didn't make things worse lol

My counselor said I’m an extrovert hiding in an introverted body. I have major social anxiety and if I feel like I’m not in control of the situation or there’s too many people, my brain kind of shorts out and I start humming weird noises, sometimes audible to others. (Similar to the actually Tourette’s tics I had as a child. On the other hand, if I knew for sure people actually wanted to hear what I have to say, I have the ability to talk for hours and never shut up. Some really enjoy it, actually.

I’ve noticed this change of personality towards more of the extroversion happened after going through extreme emotional distress, I had panic attacks while trying to go to college. I had and still have insomnia so bad that I went up to to a week sometimes without sleeping, and when I did fall asleep I would wake up in a panic.

I don’t know if injuries when I was little contributed, I fell off a pipe thirty foot from the ground into a creek. Fast forward 20 years, I had a weird experience from smoking a synthetic marijuana drug. My whole mindset has been totally different since then.

I'm an 8 who has regressed to a 2. All the years I worked especially in real estate I had to smile and suffer any fool who walked in the door. My inner eye up there on the wall chuckled as I pandered to those who thought buying a piece of property was a war game where somebody wins and somebody loses. I was required by law to write up any low-ball offer from some hick who wanted to be a real estate baron and any counter-offer by a seller who couldn't grasp the idea they were buying back their property over a $2,000 squabble. I was very good at it but I went home exhausted every night. My partner learned to give me a lot of space for a couple of hours and, under no circumstances, ask "How was your day?" My co-workers considered me gregarious but they didn't know I was a perfectly happy loner in school. I surprised myself that I was able to carry it off as I did a couple of friends who knew me way back when. Now that I am retired I have reverted to type and hole up in my apartment annoyed only when somebody rings my doorbell or the phone rings. I can and do go for days without talking to anyone. I do spend a lot of the time on the computer with Facebook and, now, Agnostics.com and am perfectly happy to be opinionated in these communities. Somehow it is easier to talk to people with the hardware as a barrier between us. At least my jaw doesn't ache anymore from wearing a phony smile all day.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.