Agnostic.com

10 4

Been off for a bit, password issues.

Just went on an in person first meeting (both of us vaccinated). He called me a bad date because i hate my job and am a bit stuck at age 60. Most of the world does jobs they don't like, or actually hate!

He said he was still in love with his abusive ex wife who made him leave so she could remarry her 1st husband from 35 years ago. He interrupted me everytime i was answering his questions to talk about himself. Why do people put others through these horrors?

Sorry had to rant somewhere!

RobinGray 6 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

wow ,yes one does not need tp go thru that And yes welcome back ,hopefully to better times

Welcome back

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 11, 2021

He called you a bad date? I'm socially inept, but EVEN I know better than that.

Which leads me to another thought. How does this knuckle-dragging cro-magnon get an in-person date?

Distance might be an issue? 729 miles is a bit far to commute. 😉

The biggest problem with middle-aged dating: living in the past.

If someone is spending your time explaining how he’s pissed off or devastated by other women, he’s probably not really with you. You deserve someone who’s present. And who loves this life. As we’re all learning, it’s more finite than we thought.

[psiloveyou.xyz]

The sad part is that because it made me mad I went and confronted him (via text). He still is so obtuse he doesn't get that women won't be ok with a man being in love with anyone but a dead woman. And that would be hard to live with if you get my drift. He had no clue as to why two women ghosted him prior to meeting me. I had to tell him!

Oh and to top that off, this afternoon another man emailed me. Conversation started off nice enough. He asked what it would take for me to meet him. I said I'm vaccinated and I expect the same, meeting is just that at first right now. He responded that he didn't need a vaccine he got covid last fall.....IN JAIL!

I responded we weren't a match and hid all my profiles for now. It's ugly out there!

I got Covid last Dec., despite being very careful. My luck just ran out, I think. But instead of being in jail, I was only in a voluntary form of house arrest, lol.

Actually, that line about most people at least disliking if not hating their jobs is in a movie I saw, can't remember which one tho. Wait, I remember, it's in Office Space, my favorite comedy. I'm very lucky and grateful that I was able to retire at age 60 with inheritance money, some retirement funds, and SS Survivor's benefits. I was tired of working and having to put up with shit from co-workers, bosses, and those I served. I think most of us feel like you by age 60, if not sooner, but are stuck having to work at least several more years anyway.

Well, you dodged a bullet there. Tell him to go fo. I personally love redheads and wish I was living closer. Lots of good people out there. That one is rotten.

We have a lot of the same mindset about the dating game. Can't promise we'd be a match, but if I lived near you, I'd definitely want to meet you, for whatever encouragement that's worth. I hear you on bad manners and behavior with people on first meetings. I posted here recently about a woman who began a first and only video chat with me by treating it like a job interview and asking me what kind of work I did before I retired, since it wasn't in my profile. She then followed that up with another ? about what my college degrees were in, since they weren't related to my jobs before retirement. As a friend of mine said later about her, she was looking for a pedigreed dog with papers, not a mutt. So I obviously wasn't good enough for her social status-wise.

I agree, most people don't like their jobs and really don't want to talk about them at a first meeting, so I don't ask them. I ask them what really excites you and makes you look forward to the future or living the next day. Fairly philosophical, but hey, if they aren't fairly intellectual and introspective, I don't want them anyway. You dodged a bullet with this guy for sure if he still feels for his ex. I think most people expect ?s about their work on a first meeting, so they just lie or perhaps already have gotten used to convincing themselves they like their work so they can fit in and be accepted by the dating prospects. People that seem to be lying or self deluded are a red flag to me, so I don't follow up with them.

Let's face it, most people are sheeple that never examine anything in life, esp. themselves, so that is why they act boorishly to others in the dating game. They don't realize what they are doing and they also don't care that they are clueless about everything.

What a jackass! That random stranger is just annoying, at least he's not a serial killer.

You dodged a bullet there!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.