Agnostic.com

4 1

Today I have an appointment to have my hair cut at a new salon. Sue, my hairdresser of 33 years retired to take care of her aging parents. What a good daughter! She is my friend and a fellow Democrat in a red county. She was also the one to cut my waist-long hair in three easy appointments, as not to freak me out.
I wonder how this hairdresser will work out.

Everything is so stressful now.

Spinliesel 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It will feel liberating. Long hair attracts unwanted attention from men anyway. When I worked in the public arena I kept it very short as to avoid them. It would grow to a certain length & the attention would begin. Time for a hair cut! I donated my hair for cancer survivors to make wigs.

The Haircut.

It was fun after I found the place. The hairdresser is 21 years old. Just adorable. She cut my hair short. I like it.
Reaction from my family:
The grandson who lives with me:"You look like my mom." His mom is my oldest daughter. I'll take that as a compliment.'
Lia, 11-year-old granddaughter: Stunned silence.

Jenn, my youngest daughter, and Lia's mom: "It's cute. She gave you the old lady haircut."

Thanks, family.

I go to a one-man barbershop every month or two and get a head shave. I feel perfectly safe visiting there as we both wear masks and are the only two people there.

I haven't had my hair trimmed in over a year, and I don't plan to be that close to another unrelated human being until I am fully vaccinated. My hairdresser's husband had a stroke last year, and when I last saw her she was needing to take him to several doctor/therapy appointments. I don't know if she has even been able to resume working, or how he is doing, or she is doing. Yes, the stress of daily life recently has escalated, but in the long run things are getting better. My opinion on hair is that it will grow back.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.