Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Christian Realtor Arrested in Murder Plot Said She’d Just Ask God to Forgive Her | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

You may have heard by now about a practically-made-for-Netflix crime that involves a high-profile real estate agent from Missouri trying to order a hitman to take out her former mother-in-law.

That agent, Leigh Ann Bauman, was arrested last Thursday. It happened after she was caught on tape ordering the hit and saying she’d get the $1,500 from the bank the following day.

The Washington Post has the full story, but I just want to draw your attention to one part. Earlier this month, when she asked a woman to find someone to help “get rid” of her ex-in-law, that person wondered if Bauman was serious.

Bauman responded in a way that perfectly encapsulates the problem with Christianity:

Pressed about whether she was serious, Bauman said she “knew it was wrong as a Christian, but she would go to church and ask for forgiveness after it was done.”
snytiger6 9 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course she is serious. Rather than see the fallacy of religion people like her just make it all work for them.

Perhaps the Commandment, THOU SHALT NOT KILL slipped, momentarily from her Christian mind?
Oh, hang on a minute, that's written in the OLD Testament so, since IT is in the Old Testament and as Christians ALWAYS like to remind EVERYONE, THEY HAVE a NEW Covenant with Jeebus Chrust so the Old Testament NO longer applies to them.
Cherry-picking their way through the Biblical Laws they so hold dear to them is still alive and doing fine I see.

I can visualize her rationalization.... "I wasn't goign to kill anybody myself. Somebody else was going to do the killing".

Wow, what a monster this woman is!!

A Complete and Total WASTE of Sperm, Ovum, Gestation, Birth Process, Oxygen, Nutrition and space she truly is.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.