Agnostic.com

4 2

An opinion piece on the US aid package addressing America's woes.

[scheerpost.com]

powder 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read this earlier and have nothing to add, it's just the bitter truth, which will never be shared in the corporate-owned media.

When I was 15 in 1970 an academic friend gave me a book by Professor Noam Chomsky. It was my introduction to the US class and power structure, and started an interest that continues to this day. While it is a relief to see Biden instead of Trump, he and his party are part of a binary political system under the control of the US ruling class, though the rise of right wing Trump fronted populism ( white fascism) escaped them. Populism on the left, Bernie et.al., they have managed to mostly castrate. Expecting major reform from Biden would be folly, though he may yet surprise. The fundamental class and power wedges in the US will remain. Whether this Biden period becomes a turning point at least in the right direction, or an interim period between the first Trump fascist period, and a subsequent Trump/post Trump fascist America, remains to be seen. The writer of this piece is right to point out the underlining issues.

Why would we care what this Presbyterian minister thinks? The recent covid relief package was not intended to do any of the things he claims it won't do. You are nothing but a conservative joke in sheep's clothing.

Give Biden half a chance. He is just beginning his administration. With the single bill that has been passed, he has already accomplished things that other administrations could not or did not want to.
In all honesty, I do not care for your judgmental cynicism.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.